PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder?

theestrollingbones
October 17th, 2011, 07:12
Is anyone running a pathfinder campaign. I just got my hands on the Inner Sea Guide and am really itching to play out a campaign. Any Pathfinder fans here?

Phystus
October 17th, 2011, 23:52
There's tons. Check the D20/OGL category, or the Guild House.

~P

Trenloe
October 17th, 2011, 23:59
Is anyone running a pathfinder campaign. I just got my hands on the Inner Sea Guide and am really itching to play out a campaign. Any Pathfinder fans here?

There are a few around - Talen is getting Pathfinder Society (PFS) up and running on Fantasy Grounds so look out for posts about that.

PFS is basically a living campaign that has lots of scenarios published by the Pathfinder Society (Paizo organised) that are designed to be ran in 4-5 hours. Each year there is an underlying campaign story (this year it is the Ruby Phoenix tournament) that helps to add flavour to the scenarios.

There are also 3 inter-linked scenarios that are designed to introduce players unfamiliar to the Pathfinder Society called "First Steps" - some people are running these so keep an eye out.

Unfortunately, I'm in a completely different timezone (NSW, Australia - GMT +11 at the moment) to most people so find it hard to get interest in running a game at strange hours... But, I'm planning on offering the odd game soon...

theestrollingbones
October 20th, 2011, 01:26
Cool. Thanks for the information guys. I just picked up over half of the Pathfinder Books on the cheap from a friend who is loosing his Religion when it comes to roleplaying. I've been really impressed with the changes that have been made and I really dig the Inner Sea World Guide. I'm an old DnD head and believe that the true spirit of DnD exists within the framework of Pathfinder. I've been itching to play and would be willing to run WHFRP 3e intro games and a campaign early in the new year once I've set a campaign up in my FGII.

4wallz
November 9th, 2011, 02:16
I'm really new to the site and looking to see if it's worth my $ to invest in. But before I do I had a question. Can I buy this software and then run it as a GM using my Pathfinder real life books?

That's what I'm looking for. A program where I can run a pen and paper RPG with my buddies who live in a different state. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Trenloe
November 9th, 2011, 02:25
Can I buy this software and then run it as a GM using my Pathfinder real life books?

That's what I'm looking for. A program where I can run a pen and paper RPG with my buddies who live in a different state. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Absolutely - this is exactly what Fatnasy Grounds is designed to do. Fantasy Grounds comes with a DnD 3.5E and 4E ruleset. The 3.5E has a Pathfinder option and includes reference (library) modules for the core rulebook, spells and Bestiary. A reference for Bestiary 2 is available for download elsewhere on these forums.

In a nutshell, the 3.5E (PFRPG option) ruleset has a lot of the PF rules built in - modifiers, auto rolls, hit/miss calculations, and lots, lots more... Check the 3.5E User's Guide (from the Library link) at the top of this page.

You will need at least a full licence to GM - and your friends will need at least a lite licence.

I am using Fantasy Grounds at the moment to run the Carrion Crown adventure path with friends scattered around the globe - it works amazingly well, much better than my original expectations.