PDA

View Full Version : XML format?

Emrak
October 16th, 2011, 19:33
Hey all,
Where, in a specific campaign folder, can I find the file(s) which contain the XML entries for NPCs, weapons, feats, monsters, etc.? Also, is there an XML format doc which explains the structure of each type?

Thanks!

Doswelk
October 17th, 2011, 00:50
All the campaign data is stored in db.xml

Trenloe
October 17th, 2011, 08:16
Hey all,
Where, in a specific campaign folder, can I find the file(s) which contain the XML entries for NPCs, weapons, feats, monsters, etc.? Also, is there an XML format doc which explains the structure of each type?

Thanks!

I'm not aware of any specific documentation for the entries. A lot of them will be different based on the ruleset used.

For my Pathfinder Creature parser, I just looked at a few example creatures in the Bestiary module provided and worked the XML format out from there. You could do the same for the included modules (rules, bestiary, spells, etc) or add a few items you're interested into your specific campaign and see how they are stored in the db.xml file mentioned by Doswelk.

Valarian
October 17th, 2011, 12:29
Story Items, NPCs, PCs - stored in the db.xml in the campaign folder.
Weapons, Feats, Monsters, etc. will be in modules. Copy and rename the .mod file in the modules folder to .zip. Extract and the data is in the common.xml/client.xml/db.xml file (depending on what type of module it is).
The structures for weapons / feats / monsters are in utility_reference.xml (I think that's what it's called) in the ruleset.

Emrak
October 19th, 2011, 04:50
Thanks for the info all!