PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Effect

SLB
October 16th, 2011, 06:07
Hey,

I was playing with effects, I'm starting to figure them out (I blame the slow uptake on age!).

It seems like the Invisible effect is backwards - my instinct was to set the Invisible effect on the invisible creature, then target those PCs to whom that creature was invisible. However, the way it works is that those who aren't targetted have the miss chance applied, and those who are targetted don't have the miss chance applied (don't have to roll the 50% miss chance).

I can see how this makes sense if, in general, invisible creatures are invisible to the entire party because you just make the creature invisible and you are done. But if, as in my case, there is a party member who can see invisible regularly then it seems backwards.

That said, it's still easier unless you have more characters who see invisible than who don't.

Not sure why I'm mentioning it really ...

Moon Wizard
October 17th, 2011, 21:24
The way you initially described it should be the way it works. Which ruleset are you using? If 3.5E ruleset, are you running 3.5E or PFRPG campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

SLB
October 19th, 2011, 06:16
I'm using the 3.5E ruleset (not pathfinder) - upgraded campaign from the jpg_d20 ruleset.

Callum
November 8th, 2011, 14:14
I've been trying to use the invisible effect in 3.5E, too, and I can confirm that it doesn't seem to work as intended. In fact, it seems that if *anyone* is targeted, then the 50% miss chance is switched off for *everyone*. Also, the +2 on the invisible creature's attacks only works on characters that aren't targeted, while the overlooking of Dex bonuses to AC only works on characters that are targeted.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2011, 20:08
I have it in my notes to check out and address for the next release.

Regards,
JPG