PDA

View Full Version : rulesets

Layander
October 13th, 2011, 22:58
I am new to using this program but, I have downloaded 2 rulesets, osric and adnd and can not for the life of me figure out how to install them, could someone please help?

Phystus
October 14th, 2011, 03:08
Unfortunately it isn't a standardized process, the method varies depending on how the ruleset was packaged. And I don't own either one, so I don't know about these particular ones. So I have to ask some questions... :)

Is what you downloaded a zip file? If so, look inside. Is there a .PAK file? A folder? A bunch of files files and folders including a setup.exe program?

~P

ddavison
October 14th, 2011, 03:46
If you have a single file that is a .PAK file, you should put this in your C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\ folder (the same location as your executable for FG.) If you have a bunch of files in a folder, your folder will typically be called adnd or osric or something and you'll want to copy that folder into your Ruleset folder. The ruleset folder can be found by clicking Start | Programs | Fantasy Grounds II | Application Data Folder.

It should look something like this:
C:\Users\ddavison\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\osric

Then when you launch Fantasy Grounds and create a new campaign, it should show all installed rulesets as options.

Layander
October 14th, 2011, 19:35
problem solved, stupid windows, why cant they just let me add the file to the program files directory directly.... anyway thank you for the time, next step is to run old school D&D for you guys.