PDA

View Full Version : Activating MOD changes

lachancery
October 13th, 2011, 17:20
I can't figure out what seems like a simple issue. I have modified the file client.xml in Arms Law library module to add the information below that was missing in a table. I cannot seem to get FG to see the modifications - it continues to display the table with the missing information (see attached image). I have tried "/reload ruleset", but to no avail. Is there a cache I need to clear somewhere?

client.xml, line 2472+:

<table>
<tr decoration="underline"><td colspan="22"><b>Table 03-03: Activity Percentage</b></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Cast Spell</td><td colspan="3">75%</td><td colspan="8">Moving**</td><td colspan="3">Minimum 100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Cast From Item*</td><td colspan="3">75%</td><td colspan="8">Static Action/Skill Use (most skills)</td><td colspan="3">Minimum 100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Cast From Item*</td><td colspan="3">75%</td><td colspan="8">Static Action/Skill Use (most skills)</td><td colspan="3">Minimum 100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Concentration**</td><td colspan="3">50%</td><td colspan="8">Dodge**</td><td colspan="3">50%-100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Instant Spell (no prep needed)</td><td colspan="3">75%</td><td colspan="8">Shifting a Weapon</td><td colspan="3">10%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Spell Preparation (each round)</td><td colspan="3">90%</td><td colspan="8">Draw Weapon</td><td colspan="3">20%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Melee Attack</td><td colspan="3">50%-100%</td><td colspan="8">Changing Weapon</td><td colspan="3">50%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Missile Attack</td><td colspan="3">50%</td><td colspan="8">Riding**</td><td colspan="3">Minimum 15%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Multiple Attacks (ie. TWC)</td><td colspan="3">90%-100%</td><td colspan="8">Mounted Combat**</td><td colspan="3">100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Disengage (10' move)</td><td colspan="3">30%</td><td colspan="8">Rapid Dismount</td><td colspan="3">20%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Loading Sling</td><td colspan="3">50%</td><td colspan="8">Careful Dismount</td><td colspan="3">50%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Loading Short Bow</td><td colspan="3">60%</td><td colspan="8">Mount Ride</td><td colspan="3">50%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Loading Composite Bow</td><td colspan="3">70%</td><td colspan="8">Taking Herb</td><td colspan="3">20%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Loading Long Bow</td><td colspan="3">80%</td><td colspan="8">Drinking Potion</td><td colspan="3">40%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Loading Light Crossbow</td><td colspan="3">170%</td><td colspan="8">Apply First Aid</td><td colspan="3">100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Loading Heavy Crossbow</td><td colspan="3">230%</td><td colspan="8">Apply Herb</td><td colspan="3">100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Quick Perception</td><td colspan="3">10%</td><td colspan="8">Get item from pouch</td><td colspan="3">20%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Full Perception</td><td colspan="3">30%</td><td colspan="8">Pick item from ground</td><td colspan="3">30%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Relaxed Swing</td><td colspan="3">50%</td><td colspan="8">Drop item</td><td colspan="3">0%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Hard Swim</td><td colspan="3">90%</td><td colspan="8">Hiding</td><td colspan="3">20%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Standing from seating</td><td colspan="3">10%</td><td colspan="8">Stalking</td><td colspan="3">Minimum 50%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Standing from crouching</td><td colspan="3">20%</td><td colspan="8">Climbing</td><td colspan="3">60%-100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Prone to crouching</td><td colspan="3">30%</td><td colspan="8">Rapid drop to ground</td><td colspan="3">10%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Standing from prone</td><td colspan="3">50%</td><td colspan="8">Careful drop to ground</td><td colspan="3">20%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="8">Other Actions**</td><td colspan="3">10%-100%</td><td colspan="8">Simultaneous Actions**</td><td colspan="3">20%-100%</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="22">* Spells from items take same amount of prep and casting time as equivalent spell.</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="22">** Refer to Section 3.3 Special Situations for more information.</td></tr>
</table>

lachancery
October 15th, 2011, 05:17
Replying to my own message, for others' benefit who may want to edit the RMC ruleset...

It was indeed simple, silly. The file common.xml contained a duplicate of that table, also found in client.xml. I haven't yet figured out how these two files are used, but be warned, search both files when making mods.

Moon Wizard
October 16th, 2011, 05:06
I've seen a fair number of modules that contain two versions of the XML data (client and common). I haven't discovered why that is the case yet, since the common data should be sufficient. The only reason I can think of is that the data varies slightly in some way.

Information on module types can be found in the online manual under the Library and Modules->Module Types subsection:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_library.xcp

Regards,
JPG

StuartW
October 24th, 2011, 19:38
As someone who did this deliberately, the reason there are two versions is that one is available to players who connect and to the host GM, but it isn't visible if you own the ruleset and start in character-management mode.

That may have been fixed in more recent versions of the FG engine.

Stuart