PDA

View Full Version : Kiamar's Festival of Champions

unerwünscht
October 13th, 2011, 16:09
Kiamar, the traveling jester, has arrived in the city of Greyhawk, from far away lands. His trans-dimensional tavern appeared, quite literally, overnight in the park, in the middle of town. The city (and all surounding cities, towns and thwarps) have been littered with fliers advertising "Kiamar's Festival of the Champions." Outside of his tavern is a large registration board allowing adventurers from far and wide to sign up for the competitions.

"Malevolent Lords, and Benevolent Ladies, Disreputable Thieves, and Prestigious Warriors, Wholesome Clerics, and Tainted Wizards, Adventurers of all creeds, You are cordially invited to attend Kiamar's Festival of Champions, where you can compete to prove yoursleves worthy of merrit. Come riddle with Dragons, and battle Terrasques, delve into Dungeons, and avoid deadly traps, where death isn't permanent but it carries digrace, as you compete for the best of your age, class and race."

The initial sign up board features 16 registry spots, that file down to 4 winners, and tickets are being sold to watch the events at 15 gold for a standard ticket, 30 gold each for one of 50,000 seats, and 150 gold each for one of 500 "front row" box seats.

Inside the tavern is huge, much larger than it is on the outside. A grand door stands on the far side of the pub. The door is framed in gold, with words etched around the case (the words apear in any language that the reader speaks) and reads "A champion will enter, and rise like a dove, with angels or demons, to the realm up above." The door sems to be magically locked and warded. It must require a special object to enter.

Thundercleese5
October 14th, 2011, 05:32
Looks good :) am still figuring out how to create characters within the system. We chatted in the FG chat system and you told me about running a D&D3.5 game that takes about 1-2 hours. I am very interested in that.

Hope to chat again soon!

unerwünscht
October 14th, 2011, 06:15
yep for those interested in joining this game a little more detail:

The game is designed for most sessions to be ran with one or two players per session.
The game is designed so that players can easily drop in and out between sessions.
Each session should last an average of one hour. When I know a session will take longer I will push it to a weekend (unless the player(s) are fine with it at that time)
Characters will start at level 10.
We will be using D&D 3.5
Any books published by WotC are allowed for character creation.
If it wasn't published by WotC, don't ask, it is not allowed.
We are looking for 4-20 players to start.
There is a high probability for PvP as the campaign progresses.
There will be no set schedule for games. If a player and DM are both available we can work out a session.
Players MIA for more than a month will be considered to have dropped from the game.

If anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer all questions as quickly as I can. I will also try to confirm assistant DMs for the campaign and introduce them here. Assistant DMs are authorized to run sessions and award experience points as appropriate.

balrik
October 15th, 2011, 00:25
I am also generally new to FG...not new to dnd though. Wondering how to get invovled and when I can start im looking for a sunday night. looking for a regualr game but will start anywhrere will play caster or slasher jsut not healer

ZorxPotz
October 15th, 2011, 06:10
Sounds very luring to me... please do count me in if a game happens this weekend! (Sat-Sun/Westcoast GMT -7)

unerwünscht
October 15th, 2011, 06:46
Do to the nature of this game you should consider all sessions to be solo sessions, even if other players are 'there'. That being said as a 'solo' game anytime any of you are in the mood to do a run let me know. I can generally clear an hour or two anytime.

unerwünscht
October 17th, 2011, 09:08
Will start running through trial one tonight at 10:00PM EST.

unerwünscht
October 18th, 2011, 06:20
The first champion has taken to the sands, he fought valiantly, but was felled by a diabolical trap in the arena. Tonight he rests and heals, tomorrow he begins training on trap avoidance.