PDA

View Full Version : Clerics and spontaneous cure spells

Ecurb
October 12th, 2011, 00:44
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but couldn't find it.

My old around-the-table gaming group has just bought a set of licenses for FG2 and - after years spent trying to recreate that old d20 rolling fun by linking up for various MMOs online - we're looking forward to some "real" D&D again! We were on 3rd edition rules when we stopped playing, so figured we'd go with the 3.5 ruleset.

One thing I haven't been able to work out is - how in FG2 do you manage clerics of good deities being able to switch out any of their memorised spells on-the-fly for cure spells of the appropriate level? So far as I can make out the spells section on the character sheet lets you configure yourself as a memorised spell caster, or as a spontaneous caster - but D&D 3.5 clerics are really supposed to be a bit of both.

Thanks!

Trenloe
October 12th, 2011, 01:21
The way my players work it is they have their usual spells prepared in the spell lists in the actions tab and have the cure spells in the list as well, but not "prepared". When a player wants to spontaneously cast a healing spell, they tick off the spell they are going to use and then can use the heal section (acutaly "damage" but it heals) to target the PC/s being healed and apply the healing.

That's exactly how it works in in face-to-face playing - you decide which spell you're going to substitute out for the heal spell and mark that spell as being used.

Ecurb
October 12th, 2011, 01:50
Ah - I see, yep that makes sense. Thanks heaps for the quick reply!