PDA

View Full Version : Module creation.....

Doswelk
October 11th, 2011, 09:49
All my own extensions (themes mostly) are usually folders rather than .ext files it's easier to update and tweak them that way, this got me thinking does FGII support modules like that?

Normally when I create a library module I have to have winzip open and I edit the xml file save it (which winzip then automatically updates the mod file), then I have to unload/reload the module in FGII to test.

If I am creating an adventure module I create a new campaign and then export it when done.

But when I want to update it I have to go back to the campaign file and update and re-export (and then hack in the extra bits that export does not support that I like to use when creating a module like 'sw_referenceinlineindex' entries and such).

It would be much easier if I could have "unzipped" modules like I do with extensions?

I've not tried it to see if it can be done, just wondered if anyone knew or if it cannot anyone else thought it would be a useful feature?

Moon Wizard
October 16th, 2011, 04:46
I think module support was built early on in the development of FG, so it uses a slightly different paradigm.

I'll add modules by directory to the wish list.

Cheers,
JPG

Zeus
October 16th, 2011, 08:37
@Doswelk: You may also want to take a look at the ExportManager script for the 4E ruleset. It was recently updated to support the registering (and unregistering) of custom database nodes for inclusion/exclusion in /export functionality.

If ported to other rulesets, the new functionality allows ruleset/extension developers to customise the /export capabilities for said ruleset. In your example, you could easily register the sw_referenceinlineindex and any other classes that are not supported by the default/current /export routines.

This would then save you having to manually hack your mod files as you could fully leverage FGII's GUI interface for any class of data.