PDA

View Full Version : Creating Videos

Talen
October 10th, 2011, 21:38
For thos eof you that have created videos of FG in action (Dr. Zeus, Dungeon Master, Dos, among others), what is your latest software of choice to accomplish the task (free)?

After everyone offered their help the last few weeks as I familiarized myself with the ruleset, I'm thinking of creating a a basic Pathfinder walkthrough for new Pathfinder Society players. Any suggestions?

Doswelk
October 10th, 2011, 23:01
I used to use Camtasia not free of course... now I have nothing at the moment :(

Zeus
October 11th, 2011, 09:43
I'm using Camtasia as well (got a free copy with my graphics card).

Try uTIPu (https://www.utipu.com/), its free and pretty good a recoding the screen. Even integrates with YouTube for easier uploads.

Talen
October 12th, 2011, 12:00
Thanks Dr. Z. I downloaded the program and made a first video for the Pathfinder ruleset. It ran much longer than I anticipated (27 minutes), so I need to reshoot to post on Youtube (10 minute limit). The software was simple to install and use so couldnt be happier with that. Reconciling my screen resolution and the recording resolution so that everything was legible was a little tricky, but I think it came out well.

Zeus
October 12th, 2011, 19:01
For Youtube videos, I either record in 10 minute sessions or record one big recording and then split this into multiple videos for upload. Either way works but the latter frees you from having to plan ahead of the recordings.