PDA

View Full Version : INTRODUCTION to Fantasy Grounds 2 software using D&D 4E rules

XpressO
October 10th, 2011, 11:59
Hello fellow travellers! As the topic says, I was thinking of doing a small introduction to Fantasy Grounds 2 with D&D 4th Edition rules.

Group size: Five players all new to FG2. All slots are taken.

What You Need: FG2 Lite license (sorry, no Ultimate for me yet :(). Some knowledge of 4E rules is preferred and hopefully you own a copy of the Player's Handbook. Most importantly you have to be light minded - when games get too serious, they get boring very fast :bandit:

Characters: You can create your own beforehand from PHB1 or you can choose from pre-generated ones. Also NO evil characters, you know why :)

How the session(s) will play out: First, I will teach the basics of the FG2 User Interface like the buttons and dice rolling etc. Next we'll go through the character sheet and how to use it. After this I think we're ready to play a short introductory adventure.

Future: If the group likes my style of DM'ing and want to continue, I might even start a series of adventures or a full campaign with them. The style will at first be more hack 'n slash style so the group gets the hang of how the software and rules work. Later on I will try to make it 50-50 RP and Combat.

Timezone: I live in Finland (https://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=101).

When: According to our calendar entry, (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=705) the best time seems to be Sunday October 23rd at 10am GMT.

So, if you're interested, answer to this thread. First come, first serve. If I forgot something, I will update this post. Feel free to ask questions. ALSO I'm available about 24/7 in FG2 IRC channel #FG2_General so for instant replies to your questions head there. You can find the link to FG2 IRC from my signature.

- XpressO

P.S. Who am I?: I am a 27 year old Dungeon Master from Finland. I started my role playing hobby from Baldur's Gate computer game and found a group of friends who played AD&D 2nd ed. I joined them as a Mage in 2000 and the campaign lasted for a couple of years. Since then I've been DM'ing - I picked up D&D 3rd edition and 3.5 as they came out. Nowadays I'm DM'ing the same group of friends with 4E using FG2.

Hyro
October 10th, 2011, 12:01
I'm in with my level 1-2 character Hyro.
Shadar-Kai Battlemind : Persistant Harrier

XpressO
October 10th, 2011, 12:54
Hey Hyro and welcome aboard. I should note that your character should be from PHB1 for now. If we ever start a campaign you can play your shadar-kai then. This is just because I haven't read through PHB2 and PHB3 yet :)

Hyro
October 10th, 2011, 13:13
Happy for you to roll me a character or I could teach you about the nuances of psionic augmentation points

fporter
October 10th, 2011, 16:39
how do i sign up? i'm in the US.

XpressO
October 10th, 2011, 17:11
Just by telling that you are interested :) I'll make the calendar entry when we got a full group. So I take it that you are in?

fporter
October 10th, 2011, 17:13
have been waiting for this for a long time. so then i have to purchase the program? i can't use the demo right?

XpressO
October 10th, 2011, 17:52
Oh.. Yes, you do need to purchase at least the Lite license to join my game. I had hoped I could save some money to buy Ultimate before I run next introduction but that didn't happen.

But before you do, we have to make sure my game time will be suitable for you. What is your timezone in the US?

Silentzium
October 10th, 2011, 18:52
Hey, i'm interested in joining a game. I'm new to FG and haven't really tried 4E (played on D7D3.5 and SW:Saga rules mostly). I'm usualy available Mon~Thursday & Saturday 18:00 GMT onwards.
Cheers !

fporter
October 10th, 2011, 20:00
Im at nyc time. 7 hr difference?

XpressO
October 10th, 2011, 20:03
Im at nyc time. 7 hr difference?
yeah, that's correct. So I think if we play at 10 AM GMT your time would be 5AM. And if we play on Saturday, would that be okay? Check the original post and seek out he calendar link. register to it and vote on the times

XpressO
October 11th, 2011, 18:54
Hey fporter. Is there any way you could play on the Sunday time slot? It'd be best for all.

Hyro
October 12th, 2011, 10:56
10am GMT is 9pm for me on sunday, which works for me.
Do we have an idea on what characters people might be playing?

Xpress0: I'm having a hard time picking characters from PH1 as I only have the Character Generator to work with. Would you be ok if I just used my non-evil battlemind and explained to you what it does?

XpressO
October 12th, 2011, 18:31
I think that for this session, I will pre create characters that you choose from. Or if I have the time to read about the battlemind then it's okay.

XpressO
October 15th, 2011, 04:07
Due to my In Real Life problems, the game will be delayed for AT LEAST a week. I am really TRULY SORRY about this :(

I hope you understand. I have had IRL problems for a couple of months and it seems they're not over yet.. I hope I can be there for the next week. I really hope you can understand this...

Hyro
October 15th, 2011, 06:22
Thanks for letting me know. That's perfectly fine XpressO, I had a great VTT game on Maptool today so I've had my fix for the weekend.

blademaster234
October 16th, 2011, 01:11
hey I joined on the calender and its say its on for sunday morning? is it still going?

XpressO
October 16th, 2011, 21:44
We'll play on a Sunday the 23rd.

caleb cod
October 17th, 2011, 18:58
Hello,
I am entirely new to FG2. I am UK time and could definitely play on 23rd if there is any space. Let me know if there is and I will purchase a license. Happy to play any role needed or provided by the GM. Versatile and not Evil!

XpressO
October 21st, 2011, 10:46
caleb cod: if you want in, go sign up to the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=705).

others: check the calendar and click either yes or no for the sunday game.

XpressO
October 23rd, 2011, 09:58
the server is up with alias: warm seal tiny pony

caleb cod
October 23rd, 2011, 10:20
Cannot connect, is their a netweork address i can try.?:cry:

Hyro
October 23rd, 2011, 10:23
Same. Cant connect

Hyro
October 23rd, 2011, 10:26
try again. dont copy/paste it

XpressO
October 23rd, 2011, 10:29
it should work. do NOT copy paste the alias or the ip (82.141.87.22) but WRITE it. for some reason, copy pasteing does not work.

caleb cod
October 23rd, 2011, 10:39
Well still does not work :(

caleb cod
October 23rd, 2011, 10:43
I blame my firewall it now works