PDA

View Full Version : Combat Maneuvers Automation Question

Talen
October 9th, 2011, 16:22
When I roll a cm from the combat tab, it appears to default to a grapple. Is there a way to change this to a disarm, sunder or overrun cm (for example)? Also, do modiefiers from weapons automatically apply or must I manually add them?

Unrelated - are there any existing modifers for fighting defensively or charging?

Moon Wizard
October 9th, 2011, 22:52
Grapple is just the default action name given to the CMB roll. There is no way to change it without ruleset modification, but it shouldn't have any technical effect.

When you add a weapon to a character sheet, if the weapon has the bonus field set to the bonus of the weapon, then that bonus will be automatically added to the attack and damage roll details.

Due to the way that most magic weapons are built to suit in d20 (base item + mods), you will have to build the weapons as campaign items with the "Weapon" type and set the bonus value appropriately. After reviewing the 3.5E module data, I noticed that the bonus values for the few built-in magic weapons (such as Assassin's Dagger) are missing, so I'll add that to our fix list.

For Fighting Defensively and Charging, I would set them up as effects, since their effects last for a full round once you choose that action. You can add them to the campaign effects list (button on upper right).

Fighting Defensively = "ATK: -4; AC: 2" (Duration 1)
Charge = "ATK: 2; AC: -2" (Duration 1)

Regards,
JPG

Talen
October 9th, 2011, 23:22
That works, but a couple followups - for the charge that I create, is the only way I can name it as Charge by preceeding the entry with "Charge; ATL: -4...."?

Also, I have some existing Campaign effects that are listed as USBL, however my players cannot see them. However, the new effects I've just created (like charge), do show up to the pc's. How do I get the others to show to my players?

Trenloe
October 9th, 2011, 23:29
Also, I have some existing Campaign effects that are listed as USBL, however my players cannot see them. However, the new effects I've just created (like charge), do show up to the pc's. How do I get the others to show to my players?

If these are from the conditions module I sent you, you'll have to change the db.xml file inside to common.xml, share the module with the players and then the players will have to open the module to be able to see the conditions list.

SLB
October 11th, 2011, 06:47
Just to be clear, by creating a campaign item, adding the Weapon type and including the bonus, isn't really all that different than just adding the weapon bonuses and any extra damage to the weapon in the action tab.

Is that right? I believe that if you expand the weapon details you can add bonuses to hit and to damage, plus you can always add extra damage dice.

And as far as I can tell, there is no way to automate weapon materials (cold iron etc.), energy damage (flaming) etc. for weapons.

Moon Wizard
October 16th, 2011, 04:49
Talen,
Currently, there is no way to "label" an effect. You currently just add a descriptive string that does not match a built in condition/modifier type. It's on the wish list, and something I want as well.

SLB,
Yes, they are the same thing. The only different is whether you want to set up the weapon in advance before giving to the character via drag and drop.

Regards,
JPG