PDA

View Full Version : Question about rulesets download...

ShotGun Jolly
October 8th, 2011, 15:41
Hey all..

I have the full version, so I dont really know what happens for those with the lite version. But when I was running a game a while back.. one of my players said that in his library a some sort of SWEX player guide lite version appeared. It was like the abbreviated version of the regular swex guide. (I cant recall the actual title on it) But when I looked, it was the same rules as the free downloadable rules you could get online from Pennical, but in an FG format!?

Now, this player was able to manage characters offline, and have access to this rule book in his library. I didnt know it could do this.

Now, I have a new player who just purchased the lite version, and he is joining up to our games.. but for what ever reason the only thing he can see in his library is the player guide, and I have the GM guide on forced download as well, and he doesnt even see that. (If he opens his mod settings, he sees the book for GM guide, but when he goes to open it, it keeps closing)

My objective is to get him that Player guide to download to his FG, so he can read the rules while I am offline when he manages his characters.. but I cant duplicate this for some reason

any ideas?

joshuha
October 8th, 2011, 17:02
For players versions of modules (which the SWEX version is) they need to have a copy of the file in Start Menu -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data -> Module. Normally the GM would e-mail them this file and it should have been included in your purchase of the Savage Worlds ruleset. The interface you see on the GM side is just permission if they are allowed to load it or not.

ShotGun Jolly
October 9th, 2011, 21:16
Thanks,

solved the problem.