PDA

View Full Version : Noob token issue

Scott Lurker
October 1st, 2011, 05:09
So, I just got FG2 and I was testing things out with a buddy and I could see the tokens I placed as the GM but the person I had join the game could not. How do I make tokens visible to the players?

I'm not sure if it matters but I was using the SWEX rules set.

(I searched the forums and I did not see this issue anywhere. If it has already been addressed please just link me to the thread.)

KhybersGhost
October 1st, 2011, 13:09
Do the tokens you placed look semi-transparent? I think FG2 by default starts any token placed onto the map as "invisible" in order to allow the DM to prep things without alerting the players.

For 3.5/Pathfinder it can be fixed by right clicking on the tokens to change their visibility status or clicking on the Eye icon on the combat tracker to change it.

Hope that helps a little?

Zeus
October 1st, 2011, 22:24
Tokens dragged from NPCs from the Combat Tracker usually default to not visible. This allows GMs to place tokens (for possible surprise rounds of action) without the players knowing.

You can control token visibility by enabling the visibility of the Combat Tracker NPC entries. This is typically depicted in most of the rulesets by an Eye graphic icon.

Scott Lurker
October 5th, 2011, 04:27
Got it, thanks!

demonsbane
October 6th, 2011, 13:37
Tokens dragged from NPCs from the Combat Tracker usually default to not visible. This allows GMs to place tokens (for possible surprise rounds of action) without the players knowing.

That's a very good idea . . .