PDA

View Full Version : Parser: ZLINK

DaffyRoth
September 29th, 2011, 16:10
Ok I am working on a reference file for the players handbook and I am trying to link the dragonborn racial powers to the racial power section. According to the parser document, the correct line should be:

ZLINK powerlist;Dragonborn Racial Powers

At least thats what I think it says.

I decompiled a mod that already had a working reference file but since the decompiler doesnt decompile it correctly, here is what the XML file says:

linklist link class"referenceclasspowerlist" recordname"refpowerlistsdragonborn4E Players Handbook"Dragonborn Racial Powerslink linklist

So ya.....any ideas?

DaffyRoth
September 29th, 2011, 22:33
Well I figured it out.....

The correct path is:

ZLINK powerlist;dragonborn;Dragonborn Racial Powers

DaffyRoth
September 30th, 2011, 17:07
Ok, new problem.....I cant find ANYTHING how to link skills. I know its possible, but the parser document mentions NOTHING on {id} of skills. It contains skill challenges, but thats it. Any ideas?

Dakadin
October 1st, 2011, 01:19
Are you talking about how to set it up so you can parse skills into a module? If so the sample skills.txt file in the 4EParser\Documents\Sample\Input directory showed me how to do it. I was then able to drag them on to the character sheets so there would be links to the skill descriptions. If you need a sample let me know.

DaffyRoth
October 1st, 2011, 01:52
No this is for the reference file. Basically I am trying to get it to link to the skill file. ANd while we are on the topic, I cant seem to get single magic items to link either. I believe the path should be:

ZLINK item;holyavenger;Holy Avenger

If this follows how the rest of the linking goes. But I cant get it to link and all that comes up is an empty magic item block.

Dakadin
October 1st, 2011, 04:04
Ah ok. The location of the Skills Data File is in the Reference Section between the Rituals/Alchemy and Familiars Data File locations. It is the 4th one from the bottom.

I am looking at my input file for magic items. Here is a sample that hopefully will help you:

Magic Armor Level 6 Common
A set of basic yet effective enchanted armor.
Price: 1,800 gp Armor: Any Enhancement: +2 AC

So it looks like it should be:

<Item Name> Level <Item Level> <Item Rarity>
<Descriptive Text>
<Other Details>

There is just blank lines between items. It looks like powers are on line right below the <Other Details> line.

Zeus
October 1st, 2011, 08:18
No this is for the reference file. Basically I am trying to get it to link to the skill file. ANd while we are on the topic, I cant seem to get single magic items to link either. I believe the path should be:

ZLINK item;holyavenger;Holy Avenger

If this follows how the rest of the linking goes. But I cant get it to link and all that comes up is an empty magic item block.

For magic items you need to use the internal reference name of the item. e.g.

ZLINK item;holyavenger_29;Holy Avenger

You can look up the internal reference name by either searching through the output .xml file or by right-clicking the powers node in the parser config and selecting Parse. This will open a small browser window and will display the parsed Powers XML, look through the reference magic items to locate the item you are after and its internal name.

DaffyRoth
October 1st, 2011, 09:53
Heh Il have to try that when I get home. ANy ideas on linking skills? I tried
ZLINK skill; but the block comes up empty as in no link at all.

Zeus
October 1st, 2011, 11:05
I don't think ZLINK supports Skills or Skill Lists. However you can always use a manual listlink reference.

e.g.

<listlink>
<link class="referenceindex" recordname="reference4ePHB.skills4ePHB@4E Players Handbook">Skills</link>
</listlink>

for a list of Skills from the 4E PHB.

or

<listlink>
<link class="referenceskill" recordname="reference4ePHB.skills4ePHB.acrobatics@4E Players Handbook">Acrobatics</link>
</listlink>

for an individual skill reference. In the example above I used the Acrobatics skill from the 4E PHB.

You will need to revise the recordname so that it matches your module name and any module id you are using. In my examples above the module name is 4e Players Handbook and the id is 4ePHB.

DaffyRoth
October 1st, 2011, 20:12
Ya I tried that. But I will try again though. The link shows up but when you click it nothing happens. Perhaps I did it wrong? What I ended up doing anyways was copy the whole skills txt to the that part anyways, same thing I suppose.

DaffyRoth
October 2nd, 2011, 01:01
Ok Dr Z. The skill link worked like a charm however I still cant get the magic item to link. From what I can tell the item's name is holyavenger_025. So I put that in the reference file as:

ZLINK item;holyavenger_025;Holy Avenger

And all it turns up is an empty magic item block.

Is there a way to do the link list like the skill?

DaffyRoth
October 2nd, 2011, 02:13
Well then, I have deduced the answer myself following the parse thing you recommended. However I am quite baffled by the ZLINK method not working. Any ideas?