PDA

View Full Version : Missing C&T

Sam Crow
September 28th, 2011, 13:04
Hi all. Just downloaded RMC. While AL, SL, and CL all show up in the modules section of FGII, Creatures & Treasures does not.

Also, the little buttons in the text that allow you to expand and show a selection (where the little hand appears over them) doesn't work in some parts of the text.

Anyone experience this?

VenomousFiligree
September 28th, 2011, 17:56
There's a known issues thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15078), that you might find interesting.

Sam Crow
September 28th, 2011, 18:41
Thanks. But I see on that thread that C&T is missing a table (if I'm reading it right). I'm missing all of C&T. Is there more to the thread than I am seeing? I only see two posts total on it.

lachancery
September 28th, 2011, 22:45
Hi all. Just downloaded RMC. While AL, SL, and CL all show up in the modules section of FGII, Creatures & Treasures does not.
I've been toying with the RMC ruleset for the last month and have not seen that yet. Go over the basics:

- Are you loading a RMC campaign or using Manage Characters? C&T doesn't show up in Manage Characters? In fact, I had quirky behaviors when creating characters with Manage Characters that I didn't see when loading a campaign.

- When the campaign is loaded, do you see the C&T module in the activation screen? (The opened book at the top left of the UI)

- If you see the C&T, have you activated with either Allow or Force Load? Have you then clicked on the book to open it?

Also, the little buttons in the text that allow you to expand and show a selection (where the little hand appears over them) doesn't work in some parts of the text.

I don't understand what you're referring to here. Can you upload a screenshot with explanations of what you're trying to do?

Sam Crow
September 28th, 2011, 23:18
You have solved my first problem. Thanks.

As to my second problem, I can't take a screenshot, but maybe I can articulate a little bit better.

I go to manage characters.

I go to Modules.

I select, e.g., Character Law.

I close Modules.

I go to Library.

I open Character Law and read the text.

The text is divided into sections (Introduction, Skills, etc.), including "Character Creation Walkthrough."

In go to Character Creation Walkthrough (for example).

In the text, on the left hand side, are squares.

These squares, I think, contain, err, collapsable text. (I think this because its true in some other places in the text, like in Arms Law. When I put my mouse over those squares, the mouse turns into a hand icon and I can click on the squares. When I do that, additional text pops up).

For some reason, I cannot get these squares to, err, uncollapse. So I cant read a lot of the text.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: apparently the "collapsable text" are the tables.

lachancery
September 28th, 2011, 23:27
If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, it's closing the pop-up windows that you see when you click on a square link? The FG UI doesn't use standard conventions for window navigation. Right-clicking is your best friend in FG... Right-click on the pop-up, and you will see a radial menu with an option to close the window. Did I understand properly your problem?

StuartW
September 29th, 2011, 06:34
Collapsible text has little plus symbols "+" next to it, whereas the squares are links to tables and other sections in the rules, and should open pop-up windows.

Sam Crow
September 29th, 2011, 08:34
That's the exact problem: the squares are not linking to anything.

Trenloe
September 29th, 2011, 09:06
That's the exact problem: the squares are not linking to anything.

Might be worth creating a new campaing with the RMC ruleset and try to view the tables as a GM, rather than in the manage characters interface. When running as a GM (or a player joined to a running game for that matter), errors related to opening links are usually shown in the chat window - so you will at least get some indication of an error.

lachancery
September 29th, 2011, 13:01
@ Sam Crow: I tried following exactly the steps you described below to reproduce the problem, but both links and collapsable [+] are working fine for me in Manage Characters. Perhaps Trenloe's suggestion will shed some light? Out of curiosity, in case it has any bearing, which license of FG are you using?

@ StuartW: Yes, collapsable defined that way makes sense, thanks. There is no collapsable text in the steps Sam describes though (Character Creation Walkthrough page), only links. Tried to reproduce it different ways, but can't.

StuartW
September 29th, 2011, 18:45
I'm guessing this is a ruleset install issue. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the ruleset.

@lachancery: yup, there are no collapsible texts in the walkthrough (I both built the walkthrough, and designed the first collapsible text graphics :)), I was just clarifying the symbols used to designate one or another.

lachancery
September 29th, 2011, 19:38
@ StuartW: I'm not sure how much of the RMC ruleset was your work, but you gents did a great job with it. Congrats! I just wish I'd have more time and my coding skills weren't so rusty... I'd contribute to it.

StuartW
September 29th, 2011, 19:47
(more than I'd like to admit)

Sam Crow
September 30th, 2011, 00:00
I have the same problems with Campaign that I do with Manage Characters. I will try uninstalling/reinstalling and let you know.

Trenloe
September 30th, 2011, 00:06
I have the same problems with Campaign that I do with Manage Characters. I will try uninstalling/reinstalling and let you know.

When you clicked on the links, did any error message appear in the chat window?

Sam Crow
September 30th, 2011, 12:50
I can't click on them. Its like the mouse doesnt recognize that they're there.

Sam Crow
September 30th, 2011, 13:04
Uninstalled and reinstalled; no help.

lachancery
October 1st, 2011, 00:41
Sorry, the only ideas I get about the problem are long shot, random stuff like how much RAM you have (since the RMC ruleset is pretty big). I suggest going to post on the support forum directly.

Good luck and sorry you're having trouble. The ruleset is well done (in my opinion).

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2011, 00:10

OK, to confirm your exact issue - when you hover the mouse over the link, the mouse point doesn't even change to the hand it just stays as a pointer?

If you're running a new campaign and you actually click on the link (try a few times around the area) even though you "can't click them" - just try clicking a few times. See if any error messages come up in the chat window.

Sam Crow
October 2nd, 2011, 13:24
Excatly the problem. Nothing comes up in the chat window.