PDA

View Full Version : can't upload illustrations?

nathal
September 24th, 2011, 23:20
I was just told that it's impossible to upload ones own art for maps and illustrations, or tokens, or whathaveyou...

What is going on with that? We can't upload images from a personal folder? I don't understand...

Trenloe
September 24th, 2011, 23:23
I was just told that it's impossible to upload ones own art for maps and illustrations, or tokens, or whathaveyou...

What is going on with that? We can't upload images from a personal folder? I don't understand...

As a player, no. But as a GM yes.

If you're a GM look at the instructions under "GM Guide - Gamplay" -> "Images" in the library ref guides.

EDIT: A player can upload their own PC portrait to the "portraits" folder which, if assigned to a character, can then be used as a token for the player on maps.

nathal
September 24th, 2011, 23:24
Ok, but what's this stuff about not being able to upload art and stuff from a personal folder, assuming a GM license?

Trenloe
September 24th, 2011, 23:29
Ok, but what's this stuff about not being able to upload art and stuff from a personal folder, assuming a GM license?

Check the links I gave you to the images section in the library - this tells you how to copy images from any folder on your computer into the Fantasy Grounds folders and use them in FG. What you've been told is incorrect, or you misunderstood - there's not an acutal "import from folder XYZ" window in FG, you need to copy images, tokens etc into the Fantasy Grounds Application Data folders before you can use them, perhaps that's where the confusion lies...

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2011, 23:30
Using images within FG is not restricted in any way. Just add the images to your campaign images folder or the FG tokens/shared or tokens/host folders, depending on what you want to do.

Regards,
JPG

nathal
September 24th, 2011, 23:35
Thank you for the feedback. I haven't had a chance to use the software yet, and I think the potential DM accidentally got a player version of the software.