PDA

View Full Version : SW 3.0.8 After FGII Update

GraytDane
September 21st, 2011, 22:17
I just updated to FGII 2.8.1; my SW ruleset is now listed as 3.0.8, both loaded and new campaigns. I re-DLed 3.1 and ran - still the same.

:confused:

phantomwhale
September 22nd, 2011, 13:57
Very odd ! What do you see when you type "/version" in the chat box of a new SW campaign ? Equally, what .pak files do you have in c:/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds II ? And what folders do you have in your "Application Data Folder"/rulesets folder ? (The Application Data folder is easily accessed via a shortcut in the start menu)

GraytDane
September 23rd, 2011, 21:34
/version returns "Version 3.0.8". The pak files are 3.5E, 4e, foundation, Gurps_4e, launcher, and SavageWorlds3. The only folder in rulesets is SavageWorlds3.

:-\

Firtun
September 24th, 2011, 09:54
Hi,
also was seeing this happening, managed to fix it by just renaming the SavageWorlds3 folder in the rulesets folder. Looks like it was overriding the .pak file and now I'm getting the right version in game.

Firt

phantomwhale
September 24th, 2011, 13:56
Yeah, SW should be distributed as a .pak file now, rather than exploded out in a folder within the rulesets directory.

Not sure exactly what about v2.8.1 of FGII has changed behaviorally, or why this is only happening now, but what Firtan suggest would seem a likely workaround - to rename (or delete, as it's not needed) the SavageWorlds3 folder within the rulesets folder, such that it doesn't override the SavageWorlds3.pak file in the program files directory.

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2011, 18:09
In v2.8.x, the ruleset loading order has changed.
1. Ruleset folders
2. Ruleset PAK files in FG Application Data rulesets directory
3. Ruleset PAK files in FG Program directory

This will typically only affect people who tinker with rulesets, and have both a PAK and a ruleset folder.

Regards,
JPG

GraytDane
September 24th, 2011, 19:29
Gotcha'. Thanks for the info, folks.

ShotGun Jolly
October 2nd, 2011, 23:11
In v2.8.x, the ruleset loading order has changed.
1. Ruleset folders
2. Ruleset PAK files in FG Application Data rulesets directory
3. Ruleset PAK files in FG Program directory

This will typically only affect people who tinker with rulesets, and have both a PAK and a ruleset folder.

Regards,
JPG

That is something I dont do, and I got the problem.. does it actually change anything or can I leave it as is?

phantomwhale
October 2nd, 2011, 23:45
As Savage Worlds 3.0.8 was installed as a ruleset folder, unlike Savage Worlds 3.1 and all 4E releases which were PAK files, it strikes me that anyone who owned Savage Worlds 3.0.8 who has not removed the SavageWorlds3 folder from the rulesets directory will now encounter this issue.

In all cases I recommend removing the folder to fix the issue. But I'm surprised to not hear about more incidents of this, I guess. I'll put a note about it in the 3.2 release notes (when we get there...) just in case.

GraytDane
October 3rd, 2011, 00:29
Yep, deleting the folder worked for me - and I do not recall modifying the ruleset in any way to get to that point... lucky me/us, I guess. ;-)