PDA

View Full Version : Image File Cap for SW

NEPHiLiX
September 18th, 2011, 13:20
I was just wondering what the image-size cap is for SW and/or DL:R, and if there's any way to override it. I'm getting ready to run a new campaign and I have this huge, excrutiatingly detailed map (Undermountain) that weighs in at a hefty 10MBs. I can reduce it to just under 5MBs with an acceptable loss of quality, but anything beyond that gets really sketchy. Unfortunately, every time I try and select even the 5MB version in FG, it says: "invalid image/Undermountain Level 1.png".

Unfortunately, it's really impossible to use other smaller quality maps, or even this one at a reduced rate because it will also double as the local battle map for all encounters, so it needs to be clear enough when zoomed in very close so that the players don't feel as though they're fighting in a tiny closet (or in some blurry dream) come every battle.

Thanks!

VenomousFiligree
September 18th, 2011, 13:50
I just loaded up a 12.2 MB png map in SW and successfully shared it with a second instance connected using "localhost". No errors encountered. Took a bit of time to load on the second instance however.

NEPHiLiX
September 18th, 2011, 14:17
I just loaded up a 12.2 MB png map in SW and successfully shared it with a second instance connected using "localhost". No errors encountered. Took a bit of time to load on the second instance however.

Well that offers hope...I wonder if maybe it's the fact that my map image is an 8066x12000 image.

VenomousFiligree
September 18th, 2011, 14:39
I scaled the map up to 12000x8297 and saved as a 50% jpg and it came in at 7.9 Meg. Again (although even slower) everything worked fine.

NEPHiLiX
September 18th, 2011, 15:53
I scaled the map up to 12000x8297 and saved as a 50% jpg and it came in at 7.9 Meg. Again (although even slower) everything worked fine.

I tried it in SW with and without the DL:R ruleset enabled with no luck! Would you mind PMing me your email so that I can forward my .png file to you to see if you can call it up? This is starting to get to me...

phantomwhale
September 19th, 2011, 22:45
Doubt it's an SW specific thing - it just uses the image sharing provided by the underlying FGII engine. If your having ongoing problems, you might want to post on the general support / chat forums to engage a wider audience ?

VenomousFiligree
September 22nd, 2011, 06:54
I tried it in SW with and without the DL:R ruleset enabled with no luck! Would you mind PMing me your email so that I can forward my .png file to you to see if you can call it up? This is starting to get to me...
NEPHiLiX, did you get my last email/pm?

NEPHiLiX
September 22nd, 2011, 07:27
NEPHiLiX, did you get my last email/pm?

I did, thanks (although it took me a while to figure out how to access personal messages). I've been experimenting with my cartographer program since then to save the autocad file as a workable image file and I finally managed to get it working at 12+MBs.