PDA

View Full Version : Where do you apply class features on the char sheet?

crazz2323
September 17th, 2011, 06:08
I have the players handbooks parsed properly into FG2 and I going through the character sheet and I do not really know where to put the class features. So for example a Wizard has the following:
Class Features: Arcane Implement Mastery, cantrips,
Ritual Casting, spellbook

Or Combat Challenge for a Fighter. This one lets u mark an enemy they get -2 to attack rolls.

There is no class feature category on the character sheet or in the Library. So if I wanted to apply Combat Challenge to an enemy in combat I don't have the entry from the library to drag the effect onto the enemy. It's not under feats or racial traits/powers.

Do I just create that manually formatting it correctly so FG2 will automatically apply it to an enemy I drag it onto? If so how?

Zeus
September 17th, 2011, 10:28
For class features I just parse them in/manually enter them as powers and use the Powers tab of the charsheet to hold them. The effects can then be dragged/dropped to targets from the PCs power sheet during turn play.

crazz2323
September 17th, 2011, 18:42
Well, I have parsed in everything you can from the Players Handbooks 1-3 and I see the powers broken up by class in the library but I do not see class features anywhere. Class features such as Combat Challenge for example, do not show up anywhere in the parse.

So are you saying I need to enter them in manually for all the classes? If so, I know you can enter them in your character sheet in a certain format but how exactly do I enter them into a .mod so it will show up in my library?

**EDIT: Ok, I've been going with the assumption that class features need to be added manually to the powers tab on the char sheet. So, while looking into this more I am a bit confused on adding certain powers manually to the character sheet. The videos helped but for example, Hunter's Quarry does not automatically add the details after pasting the description text from the Players Handbook into the "other" section of the powers tab and clicking "reset power abilities". This is where I get confused. The decription of Hunter's Quarry is as follows:

Effect: You can designate the nearest enemy to you that you can see as your quarry.
Once per round, when you hit your quarry with an attack, the attack deals extra damage based on your level. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled. If you have dealt Hunter’s Quarry damage since the start of your turn, you cannot deal it again until the start of your next turn.

The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry.

You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.

Level Hunter’s Quarry Extra Damage
1st–10th +1d6
11th–20th +2d6
21st–30th +3d6

So it seems obvious that there is too much going on here and FG2 can't populate the necessary info.

So how do I know exactly what wording to use if I add an ability manually? I noticed on the video "4E Example of Play" on this site, one of the characters has Hunter's Quarry as an at will power. There was lots of info on it such as (effects I believe): SELF;ONCE:TRGT;DMG:1d6 and a second effect just labled Hunter's Quarry. Is there a list of these commands and what they do and when to use a particular command? I know the videos hit on the TRGT command meaning 3rd party targeting and some of them are self explanatory such as SELF but is there a list of all the commands? Is there some guide outside of the videos on how to properly setup a power manually?

Hunter's Quarry is kinda tricky, it's SELF and ONCE and TRGT and damage all into one. Without seeing that in the video I wouldn't of known how to properly set it up based on the description in the players handbook. Could I get a little walk-thru on setting up Hunter's Quarry properly? Is it like this?

Have the self button toggled, have the one button toggled, and in the text type TRGT;DMG:1d6
not sure what the second effect called Hunters Quarry actually is but the user drags that one onto the target. Any help here would be great!

Trenloe
September 18th, 2011, 01:32
Well, I have parsed in everything you can from the Players Handbooks 1-3 and I see the powers broken up by class in the library but I do not see class features anywhere. Class features such as Combat Challenge for example, do not show up anywhere in the parse.

That's funny - in my parse of the PHB I see "Combat Challenge" right at the top of the "Fighter Exploits" entry under "Attack Exploits". This is a parse from a little while ago - so perhaps the parser and/or the compendium have changed.

crazz2323
September 18th, 2011, 02:46
Hmm yes ... I must have missed it. Sorry about that. How about Hunter's Quarry? How (as in what wording do I use) to properly set it up as an applicable power in the char sheet just like the character in the "4E Example of Play" video uses?

Zeus
September 18th, 2011, 09:21
@craz2323: Here's how I have setup the Ranger's Hunter's Quarry Class Feature for one of the Rangers in one of my groups:

Just create a situational power on the PC's charsheet and create a single Effect called Hunter's Quarry and a single attack ability but just set the damage to 1d6.

Then when the ranger enters an encounter, he can drag the effect to the NPC he wants to target (useful for tracking who's marked by whom). When he has successfully hit during an attack, after he has rolled for normal damage, he then clicks the Hunter's Quarry damage die and the 1d6 roll is also made and the extra damage applied.

Hope that helps.

crazz2323
September 18th, 2011, 12:48
Alright, thanks again DrZeuss!