PDA

View Full Version : Token Scale Lock. Am I remembering this wrong?

Aristotle
September 15th, 2011, 04:16
I size my tokens according to the intended use (i.e. all mediums the same, smalls are half size, larges are double sized, etc..)

Previously I could throw a token on the board, scale it with ctrl-scroll, and lock the token scale and all my other tokens would fit the grid perfectly. Now... just that one token is resizing... so I've got to resize each token each time I put it on a map. Is that intentional?

Trenloe
September 15th, 2011, 04:59
What ruleset? I presume 3.5E?

It works fine for me. Are you CTRL-Scroll on the map to line the token up with the grid or CTRL-Scroll on the combat tracker to resize the token?

If you resize in combat tracker it is for each individual token. But, zooming in on the map (CTRL-Scroll on the map window) and then locking token scale works for me when I add additional tokens.

Aristotle
September 15th, 2011, 05:54
Odd. Then it must just be me. Even when I scroll it on the map I still get the little bubble with the multipier on the combat map. I've also tried to just use a token from the bag (not assigned to a creature) but that also fails to save the scale.

It's the same with both default rulesets.

Maybe I need to reinstall.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2011, 06:04
Odd. Then it must just be me. Even when I scroll it on the map I still get the little bubble with the multipier on the combat map. I've also tried to just use a token from the bag (not assigned to a creature) but that also fails to save the scale.

It's the same with both default rulesets.

Maybe I need to reinstall.

Ah, OK - I know what you're doing. Don't scale the tokens on the map - scale the whole map!

CTRL-Scroll on the map background (not on a token) until the grid matches up with the token. Then right-click on the token and lock it.

Then zoom back out and any tokens you add should be scaled.

Aristotle
September 15th, 2011, 06:10
Seriously? I've got no clue what I was thinking.

Thank you for the refresher, though (coming from an IT background) I feel a little silly that I didn't figure that out!

Trenloe
September 15th, 2011, 06:20
Thank you for the refresher, though (coming from an IT background) I feel a little silly that I didn't figure that out!

Don't worry, we all do it once in a while! :)

I'm from IT too and I was just about to post about NPCs loaded into the combat tracker from the Combat Encounter entry not having their initiative rolled automatically. Then I noticed I hadn't checked the option "Auto NPC Initiatives" - I could have sworn I had, but obviously not! :o