PDA

View Full Version : NPC Alternative Powers

DaffyRoth
September 13th, 2011, 20:15
Ok so my question is when I am parsing Alternative powers say from the Dark Sun books, how do I get the powers to show up as the personality stat blocks as opposed to the vanilla blocks.

Also is there a way to get a monster that I have already parsed, say from MM or something, to add said power? It seems that the monsters that come out of the mods are locked and cant be changed at all. I tried to drop an a monster into the NPC section to see if I could add said power but to no avail.

Zeus
September 13th, 2011, 20:41
Ok so my question is when I am parsing Alternative powers say from the Dark Sun books, how do I get the powers to show up as the personality stat blocks as opposed to the vanilla blocks.

If you mean, how do you get NPC Alternative Powers to display using the NPC windowclass, you can't, not without editing the ruleset XML for the NPC Alt Power windowclass, they are two different classes.

Having said that, I could update my 4E Personalities extension (in a future release) to include an updated windowclass for NPC Alternative Powers, thus given you a similar format of window as to that of the NPC (green) stat block window.

Is this what your after?

I don't personally use the NPC Alternative Powers as its simple enough to copy the text into a new NPC power from within the GUI interface.

Also is there a way to get a monster that I have already parsed, say from MM or something, to add said power? It seems that the monsters that come out of the mods are locked and cant be changed at all. I tried to drop an a monster into the NPC section to see if I could add said power but to no avail.

Drag the module NPC reference link over to the Personalities window (Shield icons on the right). This will create a read/write version of the NPC.

Using the new read/write version NPC, open the Powers tab and then drag the NPC Alt Power (again using the reference link) over to the NPC's power list. Once dropped, it should create a new power entry.

DaffyRoth
September 13th, 2011, 21:19
Ya the green stat block window. That would be awsome if ya could do that. It would just bring everything together if ya know what I mean!