PDA

View Full Version : RMC ruleset Advanced Questions

lachancery
September 13th, 2011, 05:49
I have read all messages on this forums since the very first to get all guidance that has been posted here. I am contemplating writing a howto/faq/walkthrough document (or .mod) to help others use the RMC ruleset.

I have been unable to see if specific support was implemented in the ruleset for these RM events:

- Spell casting: Non-attack spell roll & related fumble lookup (Spell Law 4.1)

- Spell casting: Base attack spell roll, with appropriate modifications & related RR roll for the defender & fumble lookup (Spell Law 4.2)

- Spell casting: Elemental attack spell roll, with directed spell skill & lookups in other appropriate modifications & related tables & critical resolution, and fumble roll lookup (Spell Law 4.3)

- Resistance Roll: The first page of the character sheet doesn't have the dice like the skills section; any place to click to make a RR?

- Generic MM roll: non-skill supported MM roll, whether it be for movement pacing or other. Is there a MM area on the character sheet to click to include stats/armor/item modifiers in a MM roll?

- Initiative: Any place on the character sheet to click to roll for initiative?

lachancery
October 5th, 2011, 16:54
I'll reply to myself with what I've since I wrote those questions:

- Elemental Attack Spell: The GM can create the spell manually. He right-clicks to create a new weapons in the combat tab. Type the name of the spell and open the detailed window. Open the tables using the icon in the upper left of the FG UI. From the Spell Law Attacks section, drag in the appropriate spell attack table on the table line for the weapon you have created.

- Generic MM: The GM can create a new MM skill on the skill tabs. On the details page of the skill, the fields should be set as follow:

Type = Moving Maneuvers
Group = this is used when sorting by group; leave as is if not used
Progression = either manual or base; modifiers are not added up in manual, I prefer base myself for the automatic additions.
Stats = the relevant stat; the skill "Movement" used when attempting to go faster than walking pace during combat uses Ag/Qu
Armor Pen. = 1; you can set it to 0 if armor doesn't penalize the skill.

When the player rolls this skill, the auto-resolver on the GM's side will automatically apply standard MM penalties and look-up the MM table.

- Initiative: The simplest automation is to have player type "/die 2d10+[Qu Bonus] Initiative" on the chat window. Before hitting Enter, the player drags this to one of his shortcut. The player sets his modifiers and hit the shortcut to roll for Initiative. It will display "Initiative: [roll]" on the chat window. It can be dragged into the Combat Tracker (which is shared with players so they can set OB/DB and roll for their attack anyway).

I didn't find an automation for the other items. I get the players to roll directly and I look up the result in my RMC books manually.

Dakadin
November 13th, 2011, 08:09
The way I handle Resistance Rolls is to drag the Total Bonus to the Modifier control then just roll the dice. It isn't as nice but it doesn't take much more effort.

lachancery
January 20th, 2012, 17:13
In reference to the Elemental Attack Spell explanation below, here's what a shock bolt should look like on the character sheet:

https://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5638/shockbolt.jpg

This is a "weapon" that the GM must create manually on the player's character sheet. The important elements to set are:
- Type: Click on the attack type to cycle through them and choose Elemental Attack
- Fumble: Roll at or below that number tells resolver to trigger the fumble table
- Table: Drag Spell Law attack table from the GM's tables icon in upper right of FG desktop

Range is not automated, but it's a nice reminder to have it here. You first set the number of bands the attack has. For each band, you then click on the number above the square to set the range, and then the modifier in the box underneath.

The OB for the spell is the directed spell skill bonus for the character. The spell shows up on the combat tracker as a weapon, and automatically resolves on the attack & critical tables.