PDA

View Full Version : Question on Purchasing

dinofreak2000
September 12th, 2011, 19:14
now my group has been planning on using FG for our savage worlds game but for we do we are trying to figure a couple things out.

1) i haven't read this directly but the video tutorials seem to imply it, only the person running the game needs to buy the rule sets? not every single player needs them right?

2) how easy is it to add to a rules set? if i wanted to spend my own time adding equipment with descriptions is it easily done or do i need to buy the authoring kit?

3) does the servers for FG also have a means of allowing a group to use them for verbal communication (like Skype)?

4) if i buy the licenses for the full +4 Lites are they strictly mine? what i mean is, if i give a license to a player, they can use it but it is under my name? or something like that.

i think that is it for now

VenomousFiligree
September 12th, 2011, 19:36
Welcome to FG :)

1, correct, only the GM needs to buy the ruleset

2, a knowledge of xml is and a program to create / edit xml files is all that's needed

3, no voice software is included with FG

4, licenses are non transferrable, however if bought as part of a bundle you can make a one time transfer of ownership.

Hope that helps.

damned
September 12th, 2011, 23:19
different rulesets vary - we play C&C and those that dont have the ruleset cant open players handbook....
the fg servers dont do a lot - your client app checks for updates and tracks the host ip to translate the password too. the gm/dm/ck computer is the main server in a fg session.
no voice/chat included - use your own favourite flavour.