PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Recruitment

Arioch2112
September 10th, 2011, 13:42
We need a player....possibly two that can fit into this new campaign. Please read below....and if you are interested, holler. This slot will vary but we have Wednesdays at 7pm central (us) for now.....3hr session. This will vary though....and will try to be accommodating to the players. Will surely end up doing some gaming on the weekends from time to time as well. It will be up for debate as to how many times a month we get together. Just want to make it easy for everyone.

What we are looking to do....

This is a a blast from the past.....updated to work with Pathfinder. I started playing in 1979, and still have a soft spot in my heart for it. So......i wanted to try out this campaign setting and see what happens.

I am laid back, and just want to have fun playing the game. If all goes well, the party would eventually end up in the Abyss and Queen of the Demonweb Pits. Of course, this is way down the road. The first adventure will be Steading of the Hill Giant Chief, then on to the Frost and Fire giants. I am in development phase of the Steading, and will have it ready to begin in the next couple days if all goes well. I am really looking forward to this and I hope to find some players that have not been through this adventure. I would ask that if you have, please let me know. If you have not, I would ask that you do not explore this material as it would only ruin the fun for everyone. I ask that my players be mature, of light nature...and come to have fun. Will not be having evil characters in this campaign as it only brings conflict.

Below is the setting......

We will jump right into this and not dally around with the mundane details of the characters past lives. It will be assumed you are "chosen" to take on this quest and as such will have guides to lead you to the Steading. Just wanted to get you guys familiar with the story up front so we can jump in and roll the dice!!!

Giants have been raiding the lands of men in large bands, with giants of different sorts in these marauding groups. Death and destruction have been laid heavily upon every place these monsters have visited. This has caused great anger in high places, for life and property loss means failure of the vows of noble rulers to protect the life and goods of each and every subject and possible lean times for the rulers as well as the ruled.

Therefore, a party of the bravest and most powerful adventurers has been assembled and given the charge to punish the miscreant giants. These adventurers must deliver a sharp blow and deal a lesson to the clan of hill giants nearby, or else return and put their heads upon the block for the headsman's axe!

Yet this charge is not as harsh as it may seem, for all have been fully equipped with all standard items needed for both wilderness an dungeon exploration; and each member of the party has likewise been given the finest horse available....to make the journey to the Steading.

Guides are available to help, and the leader has a splendid map showing exactly where the great timber fortress of the chief of the hill giants in the area is. This chief, one Nosnra, is a grossly fat and thoroughly despicable creature, sly and vicious, loving ambush and backstabbing. ...so it has been said.

Furthermore, the party has been cautioned to expect a secret force, some motivational power behind this unusual banding of different races of giants. More surprises might be in store. Finally, the party has been instructed to keep any and all loot they chance upon, this to be their reward for the perils they are to face. They are to follow any clues discovered if such point towards the sinister hand suspected of guiding the rising, but to return at once if they should determine exactly the reason or force behind the unholy alliance.

Rumor has it that a mysterious "Black Blade" could be partially at fault for the mayhem the giants are causing. IF....this blade actually exist, it is rumored that this particular instrument of destruction is of the most powerful sort..quite possibly a one of a kind...and that he/she who wields it begins to have trouble remembering who or what they once were. Some relic of great evil might be at hand.....

MikeParham
September 10th, 2011, 14:26
Just as a recommendation, you should specify your planned game time slot. This will help potential players in their decision.

Arioch2112
September 10th, 2011, 14:29
Just as a recommendation, you should specify your planned game time slot. This will help potential players in their decision.

Ah....yes. Thanks much for reminding me of this. This slot will vary but we have Wednesdays at 7pm for now.....3hr session. This will vary though....and will try to be accommodating to the players. Will surely end up doing some gaming on the weekends from time to time as well. It will be up for debate as to how many times a month we get together. Just want to make it easy for everyone.

VenomousFiligree
September 10th, 2011, 14:51
And timezone too ;)

Arioch2112
September 10th, 2011, 15:10
And timezone too ;)
Done...thanks guys

The Kor
September 10th, 2011, 15:40
Lol - you had all that in the first post...people need to learn to read.
Anyway, I started in 1980 and DM'd this series in 1983...I think it's the best...
I still have evil thoughts of leading my friends through the Vault of the Drow!
Unfortunately, the kids are sucking my free time out of me this year and I just don't have the time to play...just wanted to encourage others to join as this series is one of the best. Good luck man!

Arioch2112
September 10th, 2011, 15:52
They helped! Lol. I actually went back to the original and posted times. Yes....this series is my favorite! Looking forward to torturing...uh, I mean playing with this new party!

VenomousFiligree
September 10th, 2011, 16:50
...people need to learn to read...that the post's been edited!
........ ;)

The Kor
September 11th, 2011, 15:13
Whoops....yep, guess I'd better learn to read first, eh?
My apologies!

Myrkan
September 11th, 2011, 21:32
hm, am I blind or do I miss something. I still can't see the timezone. is it central european time or Zulu time +/- xx hours? it only says central in the post and I'm not sure if that is central usa or europe.

cheers

hm, found it in the game calendar. silly me

amarus_relor
September 11th, 2011, 21:38
It is central USA. GMT -5.

SilverEagle82
September 13th, 2011, 04:45
central time zone -5gmt

didnt see the post before me

Arioch2112
September 16th, 2011, 16:01
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=691

Please come read the premise of the campaign. I need one more to really balance this out.

This guy needs to be a cleric....but don't worry....he would be a higher level cleric of at least 11th level......and would not have to take crap off anyone.

If you are the one....please give me a shout. I guarantee a good time in this campaign..

Neruz
September 18th, 2011, 17:02
If you're still looking for somone to fill the gap, i'd be interested. I'm an old hat at D&D, and though my experience with Pathfinder is limited i do have the core materials and i'm willing to learn.

Arioch2112
September 18th, 2011, 17:05
Neruz...sounds great. When ever you are ready, lets roll up your guy. You ok with being a Cleric?

Neruz
September 19th, 2011, 03:38
Cleric works for me, i've applied to the calendar.

Arioch2112
September 19th, 2011, 12:12
Cleric works for me, i've applied to the calendar.

Give me a shout and lets see about rolling up your character tonight.... so we can play Tuesday night at 7pm

Arioch2112
September 21st, 2011, 17:04
but I would encourage anyone reading this to get on the pending list as you never know when there will be an opening....and or a way to work another into the game.

Please read the concept...and apply if it appeals to you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=691

Thanks

Arioch

Arioch2112
October 3rd, 2011, 10:56
We are looking for 1 or 2 more players. If you are interested....Please read the concept...and apply if it appeals to you.

Thanks

Arioch

Arioch2112
October 10th, 2011, 22:36
I would encourage anyone reading this looking for a campaign... to get on the pending list...have had one drop and another come in already.... so please...if you are interested in the concept, get on the list!

Thanks

Arioch

Arioch2112
October 20th, 2011, 12:41
Ladies and Gents,

I have an opening in this game. There is a fantastic 11th level wizard (dart) that needs guidance. If anyone is interested in picking him up, and can read and agree to all of our conditions in the game.....I will be more than happy to talk to you and possibly bring you into the game. Please read on the game calender.....and make sure the conditions and play times work for you before committing. Thanks very much....and I look forward to talking to you.

lachancery
October 20th, 2011, 13:23
Feels like a fun game, but schedule (Sat morning) is a no-go here. Good luck & great games! :)

Arioch2112
October 21st, 2011, 10:03
The wizard position is now filled. Thanks for the interest and please check back from time to time.

Arioch

Arioch2112
November 5th, 2011, 23:52
Ladies and Gents,

I have an opening in this game. There is a fantastic 11th levelwizard (dart) that needs guidance. If anyone is interested in picking him up, and can read and agree to all of our conditions in the game.....I will be more than happy to talk to you and possibly bring you into the game. Please read on the game calender.....and make sure the conditions and play times work for you before committing. Thanks very much....andI look forward to talking to you.

Arioch2112
November 7th, 2011, 20:36
And....we are again at full capacity on players. Thanks to all that expressed interest!!