PDA

View Full Version : New theme.

Garrette
September 6th, 2011, 22:28
I went through a few pages and didn't see anything about this. I haven't used the program in awhile so I was a bit behind on the updates. So I got it all updated today and opened up a campaign to mess around and I see the new theme. Is there any way to revert to the old FG2 theme, the wood themed one? I think that one was so much nicer and don't care too much for this new one.

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2011, 22:32
There is no theme available for the old wood-based style. I can provide the graphic files if someone would like to build an extension.

Regards,
JPG

Garrette
September 6th, 2011, 22:44
I wouldn't know how to do anything like that. The new one just seems to contrast too much, where the old one seemed sort of natural. My personal opinion of course, but why was it changed?

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2011, 22:48
When big updates are made to products, the styling of the product often changes. It's a fairly common in most consumer products and software I've seen.

Since the 3.5E ruleset changed so dramatically, the graphics were updated as well.

Regards,
JPG

Garrette
September 6th, 2011, 22:54
Alright. Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it. The new one is nice too, it's not actually any worse than the old one quality wise, I just preferred the older style. It doesn't make me like the product any less, it was just a surprise.

unerwünscht
September 7th, 2011, 00:28
I am more than willing to make themes for people. If there is an exact look you are trying to achieve the more information you can provide, and any source material helps greatly. It also helps to know the exact ruleset you plan to use it with. A large portion of a given theme will work with any ruleset however there are small changes from set to set that could generate massive issues.

Callum
September 7th, 2011, 08:39
Like Garrette, I would love to be able to use the old "wood" theme (or something similar) with the 3.5E ruleset.

unerwünscht
September 7th, 2011, 10:46
I will start work on it in the morning. If I could get the images that would be great. Otherwise it will take a few days to reproduce them.

unerwünscht
September 7th, 2011, 12:26
Its not perfect but it should hold you over till I can get all of the files from Moon.

https://www.gamingarmy.com/catalogue/vtts/fg2/extensions/skin-classic

Garrette
September 7th, 2011, 15:05
Hey, that's a pretty nice them you made. Very well done! I also noticed that if you download the D20_JPG version of the 3.5 rules from the main download page it uses the old theme, and still seems to have all of the new functionalities.

unerwünscht
September 7th, 2011, 16:34
I would love to take the credit but all I did was grab the files out of an old ruleset I had, and out of another skin I had made. Filled in the missing files with a few of the new ones, edited a few lines of code, and uploaded it.

Trenloe
September 7th, 2011, 23:33
I also noticed that if you download the D20_JPG version of the 3.5 rules from the main download page it uses the old theme, and still seems to have all of the new functionalities.

The d20_JPG ruleset doesn't have all the new functionalities available in the V2.8 3.5E ruleset. It has more functionality than the old V3.5E ruleset (pre FG 2.8) but there is a lot of new functionality - the list of which is too long to go into... But, here's some:

Pathfinder mode
Client access to shared story, image and item entries.
Full effects system added. See manual for details.
/importchar and /exportchar commands added. See manual for details.
Spell points support (i.e. psionics).
Chat window relative to FG window size.
Support for more than 3 character classes.
Enhanced PC spell casting.
Targeting for double-click and drag-and-drop rolls improved.
Encounter placement of tokens.
AFK feature added.

There are more, but you get the idea... :)