PDA

View Full Version : [2.8] Spell targetting in 2.8

feldrol
September 4th, 2011, 15:26
Hello,
I am currently running a campaing based on 3.5-JPG an d I am trying out new functionnalities of 3.5E in 2.8 version.

I have a wizard targeting 3 foes. I click on the small D20 icon in the mini sheet.
The three foes are being attacked and roll a reflex save DC.
Is it possible to have the damage being rolled automatically and being applied for each foe ?
Or is it a manual process like in older ruleset ?

Phystus
September 4th, 2011, 17:39
There should be a damage icon for the spell as well (it's red, looks sorta like a drop of blood). Before you click it, de-select any targets that made their save.

~P

Trenloe
September 4th, 2011, 20:10
Is it possible to have the damage being rolled automatically and being applied for each foe ?

There should be a damage icon for the spell as well (it's red, looks sorta like a drop of blood). Before you click it, de-select any targets that made their save.

If you have the Option: Client->Target: "Remove on miss" set to On or Multi the targets that made their save will be untargeted, leaving you to roll damage (as Phystus mentions) against the remaining targets.

feldrol
September 4th, 2011, 23:51
Ok,
with the red button I drop damage on monsters that failed the save and I drop manually half damage on those that succeeded.

Thanks.

feldrol
September 17th, 2011, 14:22
The level of automation of the new ruleset is really great for PC dabbling in the higher range of levels.

A question for friendly mutli targetting.
I didn't manage to do the following and want to check if I am missing something.

Is it possible for a PC to target multiple other PC, to drop automatically multi target friendly spell, like mass cure light wound or bless ?

Is it possible to link the bless spell with an effect to drop a +1 attack bonus for 1 round/caster level to the targets ?

feldrol
September 17th, 2011, 14:33
Ok, i am self answering part of my question.

By right clicking on the star icon, that appears just below the name of the spell, on the action tab, preparation mode, there is an add effect option on the radial menu.

I just need help on how to target multiple PC when you are a PC.

Trenloe
September 17th, 2011, 15:10
I just need help on how to target multiple PC when you are a PC.

Usually double-clicking the effect adds it to the target (TRGT) or self. However, target doesn't seem to work when targeting PCs with effects. You can drag the effect from your spell to each PC in the combat tracker to apply it.

Phystus
September 17th, 2011, 15:35
You can target all friendly units with the flag icon on the map (in the upper left corner).

~P

Trenloe
September 17th, 2011, 15:38
You can target all friendly units with the flag icon on the map (in the upper left corner).

~P

Cool - using that flag (once made available by the GM) works when applying affects. Thanks for the pointer! :)