PDA

View Full Version : Can't choose character

hourlily
September 4th, 2011, 00:51
I'm running version 2.8.0 lite. When I try to connect to the game, I can't choose my character because the dialog appears at the edge of the viewport. Resizing the window does not help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but that didn't help either. Here's a screenshot of the problem: character chooser out of reach (https://img851.imageshack.us/img851/207/fantasygrounds.jpg)

damned
September 4th, 2011, 11:50
your screen looks very low res... can you click and hold and drag the character window down the page? even if you can move that window I think you will struggle with that resolution...

Sorcerer
September 4th, 2011, 12:12
This generally occurs when the FG window is minimized during the loading process. Unfortunately window positions are stored between sessions so it will return to the same position every time you try to log in.

you will have to find the cache file folder and then the sub folder with the same name as the campaign [the cache folder is the in the fantasy grounds data apps folder - there should be a shortcut to this folder in the windows start menu for FGII)

You need to delete this folder. Unfortunately that means that the entire campaign will have to be downloaded again, but it should cure the problem.

ddavison
September 4th, 2011, 14:55
You can also change the Player Name you use when you join. You will also need to have your GM "release" the character so it becomes available for you to choose.

hourlily
September 4th, 2011, 19:03
This generally occurs when the FG window is minimized during the loading process. Unfortunately window positions are stored between sessions so it will return to the same position every time you try to log in.

you will have to find the cache file folder and then the sub folder with the same name as the campaign [the cache folder is the in the fantasy grounds data apps folder - there should be a shortcut to this folder in the windows start menu for FGII)

You need to delete this folder. Unfortunately that means that the entire campaign will have to be downloaded again, but it should cure the problem.
Thanks. Deleting the cache folder fixed the problem.