PDA

View Full Version : Give Fantasy Grounds a +1 Boost in Google+

ddavison
September 3rd, 2011, 05:01
Google just added the option to +1 any website that shows up in the search options. For now, this has limited functionality; however, we expect it will help seed search results and maybe help with any Google advertising as well. Show your support of Fantasy Grounds by doing a quick Google search for "Fantasy Grounds" and clicking on the +1 icon next to the result title.

For Facebook users, you can accomplish a similar result by flagging that you like Fantasy Grounds on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrounds

SLB
September 3rd, 2011, 07:37
Would it be beneficial to do the same for the search terms VTT and Virtual Table Top? Or is it site based, not keyword based?

VenomousFiligree
September 3rd, 2011, 07:46
I just did it for most of the VTs and RPGVT, as in my mind if you increase the awareness of VTs they will then migrate to the best! ;)

(Doesn't appear to work in Safari btw)

Leonal
September 3rd, 2011, 07:55
+ed on both places, though I don't have have Google+.

ddavison
September 3rd, 2011, 08:21
Would it be beneficial to do the same for the search terms VTT and Virtual Table Top? Or is it site based, not keyword based?

I think it is just per site, but I'd be surprised if they don't end up making something related to the search terms at some point. Can someone correct me if I am mistaken?

Thanks guys!

Zeus
September 3rd, 2011, 09:28
Do you have to be a member of Google+ before you can +1 search items?

I don't seem to get the +1 icon on the search results from Google. :confused:

Leonal
September 3rd, 2011, 10:08
I got the + in Chrome while logged in to my regular Google account.

Zeus
September 3rd, 2011, 10:52
:confused: Its working now in Safari and Chrome. Weird.

Blue Haven
September 3rd, 2011, 22:17
Yeap on Fox its not showing the +1 :(