PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds deserves an award!

Callum
September 1st, 2011, 14:30
I've realised that most of my posts here are either reporting on problems I've had, or suggesting improvements to the software - and this gives an entirely misleading impression of how I feel about Fantasy Grounds. So I'd just like to say that I think this is a fantastic piece of software, which allows me to play D&D with my friends who live many miles apart - something I just wouldn't get to do otherwise. It also has an amazingly supportive user community, and an incredibly responsive development team. The latest update (v2.8) has made some really impressive changes to the functionality of the program, radically improving the gaming experience. As one of my players said last session: "They should get some kind of award for this update."

So I'd like to offer my thanks and congratulations to JPG, Doug, and all the others who have helped develop Fantasy Grounds into what it is today, and present them with this Honorary Lifetime Award for Outstanding Contribution to Gaming!

<applause>

Moon Wizard
September 1st, 2011, 15:17
Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to have positive feedback every once in awhile. ;)

Cheers,
JPG

feral1
September 1st, 2011, 21:13
I'll second that! FG is awesome!

Phystus
September 1st, 2011, 23:45
And I'll third it!

As Callum says, FG lets me do something I couldn't do otherwise - play D&D with faraway friends. And Doug and Moon are really working their butts off. Well done!

Cheers,

~P

ddavison
September 3rd, 2011, 04:57
Thanks guys. I actually scheduled a task for me to submit Fantasy Grounds to the ENNIE Awards next year, so look for that when it comes around and give us a vote of support if we are still deserving of it by then. I also heard on NPR (National Public Radio) that there is now the ability to +1 any website within Google. I'll post a separate topic on how to do that for those interested.