PDA

View Full Version : The Malazan Empire needs a few good men/women!!!

pat_smith1969
August 29th, 2011, 23:31
So I recently purchased FG, and am still very new to it. I am going to GM a game based loosely on the books by Steven Erikson, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Quite honestly the best fantasy world I have ever encoutered.

If you are unfamiliar with the books that is OK, it is essentially a midievel fantasy world with magic and swords and monsters and "stuff". If you have read the books I will be using some of the backdrop to flesh out the world and though you will not be interacting with the main characters there is so much there that is provides TONS of leeway for the party to do what they want.

The one catch is that you will be a squad in the Malazan army and as such will need to take orders (until you gain enough rank) or decide it is lame and desert. Don't let this fool you, you can still have tons of room to do what you want within this framework.

THe games will be held on Fridays at 9pm EST (-5 GMT).. I will probably do some one shots to get used to FG 2 but I will be a blast...

P.S. I will be using GURPS rules.

Herodian
August 30th, 2011, 06:32
You said the magic word: Gurps! I'm interested. :)

pat_smith1969
August 31st, 2011, 02:50
awesome... I will setup a small (very small) one off. Maybe next friday. I need to get the hang of FG so I will probably have you beat up some monsters. I will create a calendar for us... hopefully we will get some more players.

Nestor
August 31st, 2011, 17:40
Would like to try your one shot, never played GRUPS before, I am familiar with FGII.

pat_smith1969
September 1st, 2011, 00:38
so we got two now, that is great. Definately next Friday... I will probably convert Keep on the border lands to GURPS and make it fit in the Malazan world. Should work welll for a nice one off.

Herodian
September 1st, 2011, 01:02
so we got two now, that is great. Definately next Friday... I will probably convert Keep on the border lands to GURPS and make it fit in the Malazan world. Should work welll for a nice one off.

Fun, I haven't seen that one in 30 years! :)

Do you mean Sept 2 or Sept 9?

pat_smith1969
September 2nd, 2011, 02:54
I created a calendar campaign entry please go and sign up for it. First game will be Sept 9 at 9pm

pat_smith1969
September 7th, 2011, 23:28
Can you guys please PM me your email addy so we can communicate between games.