PDA

View Full Version : FG2 future, software integration, etc?

Tisben
August 28th, 2011, 23:07
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this post and if not please let me know so I can move it.

I have a few questions about FG2's future.

1. There seems to be some trending toward wiki type sites for campaign management and integration to one degree or another of the sites with the virtual table top programs.

2. There also are starting to become available character generators that have integration into virtual tabletop programs.

3. RPG Social Network sites are also becoming available with integration into virtual table tops.

4.Video conferencing as well with virtual table top integration.

Is FG2 looking at providing some of this in the future. Perhaps making it the one stop shop for virtual gaming?

It is such a great program already and it would be that much greater with some of these possibilities even with those items costing us as the consumer more to get them.

Thanks,

Tis

Moon Wizard
August 29th, 2011, 04:58
What I am seeing in this market is that a lot of the companies are looking into creating an integration between the various products, not necessarily trying to build their own versions of every software type. I think this is what you are referring to.

On this note, we are already working on a character import utility for the most common character generator applications. (PCGen/Hero Lab for 3.5E and Pathfinder, and WotC Character Builder for 4E)

To use the other products, you don't need any specific hooks into the virtual tabletop to run video chat, voice chat or use a campaign wiki. These are all run separately using their own unique applications or a browser, and it doesn't make sense for us to build a second-rate version that no one will use. That being said, I think that there are a few things that we can do in FG to help integrate better (URL support within FG, etc.), and these are on my internal wish list.

Regards,
JPG

Iceman
August 30th, 2011, 15:36
I would like to see player integration. That is, SIMS type players running the PCs so I dont have to listen to real life whiny players anymore....
:D

Leonal
August 30th, 2011, 15:52
I would like to see player integration. That is, SIMS type players running the PCs so I dont have to listen to real life whiny players anymore....
:D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper

There ya go :P

Nylanfs
August 31st, 2011, 01:51
hehe LOVED that game :)

I wonder if it's on Steam...

joshuha
August 31st, 2011, 02:13
1 and 2 are on GoG.com

https://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/dungeon_keeper