PDA

View Full Version : Hello world...

RCallen
August 28th, 2011, 19:03
Well, with a family member and myself overseas we've jumped aboard and picked up a couple of copies of Fantasy Grounds II. This is my official 'hello' thread - as we're new to FGII and the rulesets we've picked up we'll most likely be posting quite often.

In essence we're trying to figure out how the darned thing works ;)

Wish us luck and good gaming.

-c

dr_venture
August 28th, 2011, 19:52
Welcome... you'll find the FG community an excellent one. I have never run into a jerk here, which is saying a lot these days - quite the contrary, I have only run into helpful and positive people. The software is great, but for me it is the community that really makes FG stand out.

Now that you have the software & rulesets, I'd suggest that the first thing to be aware of is the FG wiki located here:

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Main_Page

At the bottom of the main page you'll find a link to the FG chat area, also populated by very nice, helpful folks. Try popping on there and seeing if there is a game going on that you can watch, or maybe if there is someone willing to run you through an encounter or two. You'll pick up the software much more quickly by just using it a bit.

Also, be sure to check out the video tutorials in the Downloads section of the site. Lots of good stuff there.

Good luck, and be sure to ask for help here if you need it.

Herodian
August 28th, 2011, 20:25
Welcome! What games do you play?

RCallen
August 28th, 2011, 22:08
Thanks for the link my good doctor, I hadn't seen the wiki information yet. I've been watching the tutorials which are helpful. The library is useful too, but sometimes I've got specific questions that aren't answered there; I think the wiki will be a better place to find those. I'll also have to ask about watching a game - I think that'd be a very good way to see FG II in action.

I've lurked here on and off for a few years and can easily agree with your statement on the community. I'm looking forward to the interaction!

Herodian, I picked up the Arcana Evolved ruleset (sadly, it's pretty out of date with the current version of the software) and my uncle bought Rolemaster Classic. While the compatibility issues are being worked out I'll be running Ptolus with the standard 3.5E ruleset. After that, I've got a ton of games that are just begging for my XML skills to get (<much> </much>) better.

-c

Herodian
August 28th, 2011, 22:27
Nice, sounds good. I used to play Rolemaster years ago. Fun system. I love the crit tables especially.

RCallen
September 3rd, 2011, 20:44
Yeah, my uncle does too. That's why he picked them all up. Those charts, those lovely charts...

-c

sehmerus
September 4th, 2011, 05:52
im starting a Shadowrun missions Group, were the idea will be hopefully to find all kinds of SR4 players in all timezones. here is the address if you play Shadowrun feel free to join.

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FG-Shadowrun-missions/