PDA

View Full Version : Battlemap and grid lenght

Dictator
August 25th, 2011, 19:47
Hi.

I play Dark Heresy and use Nezzir's ruleset. Then I add grid, it by default count every square as 5 feet. So, if player draw movement line, or I add any object, it's size shows in feet. Is there any way to change measurements to meters?

Ikael
August 25th, 2011, 21:02
you need to change things in the ruleset to do that. Since I don't know the ruleset I am only quessing here. Try out finding imagewindow_image.lua file and onMeasurePointer function inside it. You might be able to alter how the distance is calculated and how it's displayed.

I did also found static measuring and displaying irritating issue because you are forced to use one single scale and unitsystem in it. I did resolve this issue by provising simple fields on imagewindow where I could type what scale is used to calculate distances and what unit the distance is. With this I could easily alter scale of battlemap to allow massive battles. If you're looking for similar fix and you're capable of programming you might want to check out who it's implemented in Unicore ruleset.

Dictator
August 26th, 2011, 06:39
Thanx a lot. Ive done some editing in imagewindow_image.lua and now it's good old meters.

Sadly, Im capable not of programming, else I would ve done brand new ruleset for Warhammer 40k long time ago. :)

Blue Haven
August 28th, 2011, 23:35
Wow can you tell me how or what you changed to show that?? please please :)
Yeah i agree with you :) the ruleset is very good and i love it but it needs some or should i say a new face...like the WoD ruleset where you can change what to play we should be able to play Dark heresy or Rogue Trader or Deathwatch or even Black Crusade eh eh eh...

Dictator
August 29th, 2011, 18:24
Sure. It's easy. Go to scripts/imagewindow_image.lua

In function onMeasureVector(token, vector)

local squares = math.floor(diagonals * 1) + straights;
local feet = squares * 1;
return feet .. "\m";

In function onMeasurePointer(length)

return math.floor(length / getGridSize() * 1) +1 .. "\m";

See the red one? I add this becouse by default ruleset doesnt count the initial square and it doesnt fit me.

Blue Haven
August 31st, 2011, 00:40
Thank you so much :)