PDA

View Full Version : nWoD Mage The Awakening Ruleset

PsyAxisMundi
August 23rd, 2011, 15:43
This is mainly a reskinning and code tweaking of Saithan's nWoD ruleset for use specifically with Mage The Awakening.

I'm still working on this... credit goes to the original makers of this ruleset.

Please let me know what you think.

P.S. If anyone can provide me (Saithan?) with a code for 8+ RollAgains (Saithan?) that would be stellar :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/vfz9fh

drahkar
August 24th, 2011, 13:15
What kind of tweaks and such are you looking at? Outside of the code tweaks, if all you are looking at doing is a re-skinning, it might not be a bad idea to do the skin as an extension to run off of the base ruleset. That way any updates to that ruleset won't be lost to you by running a seperate one. Even code tweaks (for the most part) can be implemented as an extension.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from tweaking and changing. I would just hate to see you lose access to updates and improvements.

Also, to be fair, its Foen aka Stuart W's Ruleset that Saithan and I have worked on since. The majority of the work on it is still the original code and we definitely need to give credit where credit is due. :) (I can only hope the ruleset I'm working on and future ones can meet some of the standards Ruleset developers like Stuart W, Moon Wizard and others have made.)

PsyAxisMundi
August 24th, 2011, 15:19
"What kind of tweaks and such are you looking at?"

The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is to add an "8-again" rule to the dice rolls.... similar to the "9-again" rule, but my XML-fu isn't good enough yet, I don't think (see below)...

The reason I need this is because we have two users of Fate magic in my real life game (Mage The Awakening) who frequently make use of magic which gives them an 8-again mechanic on dice rolls. (they pretty much try to do this at the start of every encounter, lol)

Other than that, I'm very happy with the code mechanics in place so far for our games (thanks for the work you put in!)

"it might not be a bad idea to do the skin as an extension to run off of the base ruleset"

Unfortunately my programming skills aren't good enough to do this at this point. I'm not sure how to create this from scratch.

"
Also, to be fair, its Foen aka Stuart W's Ruleset that Saithan and I have worked on since."

Yes, Saithan told me that yesterday. My apologies for miscrediting, however, I appreciate that this project is still up and running.

PsyAxisMundi
August 24th, 2011, 15:21
Hmm also, just out of curiosity, is it possible to hide the non-d10's from the board altogether?

joshuha
August 24th, 2011, 19:28
Hmm also, just out of curiosity, is it possible to hide the non-d10's from the board altogether?

Not right now, its been looked at by the devs but is not a trivial effort so will have to come later.

drahkar
August 24th, 2011, 20:20
"What kind of tweaks and such are you looking at?"

The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is to add an "8-again" rule to the dice rolls.... similar to the "9-again" rule, but my XML-fu isn't good enough yet, I don't think (see below)...

The reason I need this is because we have two users of Fate magic in my real life game (Mage The Awakening) who frequently make use of magic which gives them an 8-again mechanic on dice rolls. (they pretty much try to do this at the start of every encounter, lol)

Other than that, I'm very happy with the code mechanics in place so far for our games (thanks for the work you put in!)

"it might not be a bad idea to do the skin as an extension to run off of the base ruleset"

Unfortunately my programming skills aren't good enough to do this at this point. I'm not sure how to create this from scratch.

Thing is that the ability to implement something like you are describing, in general, is a fairly involved bit of code that changes how the dice code works. I say that because doing it in the first place isn't going to be any easier or harder by doing it in an extension over a modification to the Ruleset that you'd have to implement every time a new version of the Ruleset came out.

More difficult is trying to show someone who isn't familiar with programming how to implement it. As an option that should be added, I kind of like it. But I'm not sure when either of us would have the time to implement it due to other commitments. I'm currently working on developing a commercial Ruleset and I know saithan has a lot on his table at the moment as well.

Hitcher
March 26th, 2012, 22:07
Has someone got a copy of this Mage The Awakening Ruleset, since the original post seems donw?

PsyAxisMundi
March 27th, 2012, 17:38
Hello!

I'm the one who made it and never had actually given it out - just screenshots in the now-dead link.

Functionally, it works exactly the same as the existing NWOD ruleset currently being updated. For the most part, I only changed graphics etc.

If you want it, I can .pak it and upload it when I have time, but I'm not planning on updating this except for when I need to for my games (unless of course there is a significant demand for it).

https://imgur.com/GKzjF

Hitcher
March 27th, 2012, 17:43
Hi!

Please please plaease!

Mail it to [email protected] or hand me a link!

viresanimi
March 27th, 2012, 17:57
I would love a copy too, please.

[email protected]

Vires Animi

Hitcher
March 28th, 2012, 20:20
I am really excited to see the Ruleset once you have the time to compile it and send it out!

PsyAxisMundi
April 8th, 2012, 02:33
Here you go guys. Happy Easter!

Keep in mind that this is essentially a reskin for the nWoD ruleset. I did not originally create that ruleset, so I will not take credit for that.

I have also included an MtA rules tables module for use in your games.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jhe5y5
https://www.sendspace.com/file/2rukws

Kauam
September 24th, 2019, 18:10
Hi!
Please, can I have a copy?

Mail: [email protected]

Xanxam
July 15th, 2020, 17:22
Hi!
Please, can I have a copy?

Mail: [email protected]