PDA

View Full Version : skills problems with 3.5E

Draeus
August 22nd, 2011, 22:37
Before the major update, during character generation with 3.5 Rules set. you was able to assign the skill ranks points and it would determine if you spent 1 or 2 points. then you could tick a box and have it set the skill points spent. Now there is only an available ranks box. When you place the ammount of skills available and start typing ranks nothing happens?

Are we doing this wrong?

SLB
August 23rd, 2011, 03:54
I believe that it works like this (I'm still using d20_jpg but it sounds like it functions the same way)

Type the number of skill points which you have for this level into the Available Ranks box
There should be two circles to the left of each skill. Mark each of your Class skills by checking the second box (beneath the lock icon)
Now enter/adjust the number of skill points in the rank column of each skill you wish to take/improve. That number should appear in the Planned Ranks box
When the Available Ranks box matches the Planned Ranks box you should see a check mark appear. Click the check mark to assign the ranks.

That should do it!

Leonal
August 23rd, 2011, 04:29
AFAIK you have to count manually, but that's only a hassle when creating higher level characters from the start IMO.
There are quite a few character generators and spreadsheets which does this for you.

SLB, the Planned Ranks box was removed in FG 2.8 for 3.5.

Draeus
August 23rd, 2011, 20:06
Cheers SLB.

We have followed the procedure, but there is no planned Ranks box. There used to be but it is now gone :(

Im using 3.5E V2.8

SLB
August 25th, 2011, 05:53
Cool, thanks for the correction. I've been reading about all the 2.8 updates but haven't updated yet.