PDA

View Full Version : Unable to unpak 3.5E.pak

Hamish
August 22nd, 2011, 20:28
Preparing for tomorrow's first game after the summer vacation; I just got the 2.8 update. Now it seems one (or both) of my home made extensions has broken. I tried to open up the new 3.5E.pak file, but 7-Zip does not like it, and keeps telling me it cannot open it as an archive. I tries 4E.pak, foundation.pak and launcher.pak and they all open just fine. It's just 3.5E.pak that's not working.

Searched the forum, but didn't come up with anything.....

Help appreciated!

Zeus
August 22nd, 2011, 20:53
Just re-update your FGII again. The 3.5E.pak file will eventually unpack using WinZIP/WinRAR or 7-Zip.

Hamish
August 22nd, 2011, 21:08
That worked. I already got the files by using the unpak utility from the downloads page, but re-updating let's 7-Zip open the file as well.

Thanks!

Hamish
August 24th, 2011, 08:25
Just noticed that there were some files missing when I unpacked with the utility (subfolders were missing, for example the desktop\scripts folder). So I'd recommend re-updating and unpacking with 7-Zip or similar.

Doswelk
September 13th, 2011, 14:27
I'm still unable to unpack this pak file.

SW and 4e unpack without problem.

Any ideas?

I've tried using the FGPEMutility but all that did was extract two xml files.

Zeus
September 13th, 2011, 14:45
Re-update FGII. 3.5E will then unpack with the usual WinZIP/RAR or FGPEM tools.

Doswelk
September 13th, 2011, 14:47
I have run update 4 times so far :(

Trying again

5 still no joy...

Zeus
September 13th, 2011, 18:10
Following the most recent 2.8.1 update I had to re-update but 3.5E now extracts fine for me.

Trenloe
September 14th, 2011, 00:57
I have run update 4 times so far :(

Trying again

5 still no joy...

Try running FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe (right-click -> "Run as Administrator) from the Fantasy Grounds II program directory where FG was installed to (not the app data directory).

Before running this, close down any instances of Fantasy Grounds that are running. If you're using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

See if this updates the 3.5E.pak file in the same directory (check the date).

Doswelk
September 15th, 2011, 20:20
Run as admin seemed to do the trick!