PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4 new Ruleset

Fenloh
August 22nd, 2011, 12:03
Hi,

i have just sent Drakhar the newest SR4 Ruleset. It will be available on the FGwiki soon.

EDIT: It's also available in the library: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/

In this Version the Combattracker is running. The NPC sheet is not done, NPC Rolls etc are not done, as are Items and several other things but it is getting updated.

Please send Issues, feature Requests and Bug reports as a pm. Thanks.

There will also soon be a converter for the dumpshock XLS Chargen. As soon as it is done i will have it posted on the fgwiki.

I could use some programming help with NPC sheet, Items and several other tasks.

Fenloh

Violex
August 25th, 2011, 22:16
Thanks for this, i'm using the current one in a long running game, it'll be nice to use the combat tracker now.

drahkar
August 26th, 2011, 01:17
I'm getting ready to post this up. I also built it into a pak with an installer if you would like to have that posted as well, Fenloh. Let me know.

Fenloh
August 26th, 2011, 07:17
Hi,

that would be great :). I keep you updated with the new Versions.

Fenloh

drahkar
August 26th, 2011, 15:02
Great. I'll get it all uploaded when I get home from work tonight.

drahkar
August 26th, 2011, 23:36
Ok! Updated Shadowrun files have been posted here:
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Shadowrun

Both the PAK version wrapped in an installer as well as the normal folder version are listed there for download.

Blue Haven
August 28th, 2011, 23:33
Thank you so much :)

Fenloh
September 1st, 2011, 14:49
A new Version is being sent to drakhar. Thanks a lot for putting it in an installer. Works great fast and smooth. I like the SR4 Graph very much.

Versionkey: Shadowrun (4) . FG Version (2.8) . Developer Version (current)

Version 4.2.8.87
* Skillcategories horizontal for better overview and drag and drop (Skillname to category) for automatic Type selection
* onWheel function for Lable and Icon Cycler works now both ways
* added copyright Message to entry message and License html
* Defaultlables for Infection, Magical and Skillgroup
* changed Weapon Type Icon Cycler to Label Cycler
* Repositioning DamageValue
* new fields for Singleshot and Semiautomatic, short Burst, Long Burst and Full Auto
* added Ammocount

Version 4.2.8.90
* added firemode text to weaponroll
* added initrolls via ct for npc, pc and all
* tabtargets reworked
* minor cosmetic changes

Fenloh

drahkar
September 2nd, 2011, 13:54
They newest release has been posted to FGWiki. Both the PAK installer and the Zipped Ruleset Folder file have been updated.

Fenloh
September 2nd, 2011, 15:33
Thanks a lot

Fenloh

Emrak
September 21st, 2011, 00:09
Boooyah! We'll be checking it out this weekend. :)

Fenloh
September 21st, 2011, 05:10
If you like i can give you a 30 minute overview in Teamspeak of the new things. Some features are a bit to hidden and some things seem unclear as several GMs told me. I did not have to write a Manual yet.

I am living in the German Timezone (GMT+1)

Fenloh

Emrak
September 21st, 2011, 13:43
If you like i can give you a 30 minute overview in Teamspeak of the new things. Some features are a bit to hidden and some things seem unclear as several GMs told me. I did not have to write a Manual yet.

I am living in the German Timezone (GMT+1)

Fenloh

I'm not the GM, but I can talk to our GM to see if he's interested. Thanks!

Aristotle
September 21st, 2011, 19:25
I have to say. I'm insanely happy about this ruleset. I don't have immediate plans for it but I am certainly following it closely. I'm introducing my group to FGII via Pathfinder because I think it's a less complicated game, but between this ruleset and Hero Lab support for Shadowrun... online Shadowrun games feel much more doable. Thank you for all your work! I wish I were talented enough to contribute.

Czarisyn
September 22nd, 2011, 03:30
I have to say. I'm insanely happy about this ruleset. I don't have immediate plans for it but I am certainly following it closely. I'm introducing my group to FGII via Pathfinder because I think it's a less complicated game, but between this ruleset and Hero Lab support for Shadowrun... online Shadowrun games feel much more doable. Thank you for all your work! I wish I were talented enough to contribute.

I just loaded this ruleset and took a gander
/applaud +standing.ovation

It's freaking beautiful so far.

drahkar
September 22nd, 2011, 12:26
Did you use the folder version or the installer? If you used the installer, how did it work for you?

Czarisyn
September 23rd, 2011, 03:14
I used the installer.

I have noticed a bug, I think. Under weapons, when I try to add a melee weapon that does STR/2 + x, there is no field for x. If i enable the radio button to apply half my STR, it only uses that value.

Also, are "OnDoubleClick" functions still in need of implementing?

Fenloh
September 23rd, 2011, 17:00
The Field for the meele Damage, that you are talking about, is indeed half strength. it adds its Value to the DV. Sadly many fields must be scrolled with the mouse (usually CTRL Mouse), because of the Way the add up internally. I havent really found a solution yet.

The field for half STR is only there if you get a STR Bonus through magic. It should add correctly add up to DV.

As i already said, there are some things that seem a bit strange at first.

If you rightclick on the name of the weapon you can add ammo using "Add Modifier". You can add Modifiert to Skills when you rightclick on skill. You can also drag and drop skills on the top bar with the Tabs and the attributes.

There are some more features that you may not see right away, just play around or post questions here, i will try to answer them.

Oh, and Screenshots would also be nice :)

Fenloh

Czarisyn
September 23rd, 2011, 20:48
The Field for the meele Damage, that you are talking about, is indeed half strength. it adds its Value to the DV. Sadly many fields must be scrolled with the mouse (usually CTRL Mouse), because of the Way the add up internally. I havent really found a solution yet.

The field for half STR is only there if you get a STR Bonus through magic. It should add correctly add up to DV.

As i already said, there are some things that seem a bit strange at first.

If you rightclick on the name of the weapon you can add ammo using "Add Modifier". You can add Modifiert to Skills when you rightclick on skill. You can also drag and drop skills on the top bar with the Tabs and the attributes.

There are some more features that you may not see right away, just play around or post questions here, i will try to answer them.

Oh, and Screenshots would also be nice :)

Fenloh

Okay, I got the STR/2 modifier to apply correctly, you can't manually input the base DV in the field, you have to use CTRL+MouseWheel

I still think this is some great work

DiplRip
September 24th, 2011, 19:03
Hello,

Many Thanks for this Ruleset. We are starting a campaing right now!

There is one thing I don't get right, How do I throw Initiative and use the combat tracker correctly?

Thanks in Advance

Dip

Fenloh
September 25th, 2011, 07:20
Hi,

Now that is a trick question, but i try to explain it so that you can use the CT.

1. Options SR Client new Initiative automatic Role does not work yet. It is planned, that Init Roles are done automaticaly on Round Start for PC chars.
2. Options SR GM New init Roles every round. This means, that at the end of the round all Init Results are being deleted and you will have to roll new init.
3. As GM you can Drag and Drop PC chars onto the CT board. PCs must have their init on their PC sheet correctly put in (check and Pass).
4. you have to manually put in the NPCs, since the personalities are not completet yet you cant drag and drop them. Once added you have to open the aditional Init information (the sword) and put in the Init Base and the Passes Base.
5. Click on Menue, Initiative and clear all init to Initialize the CT and Log the PCs if they werent Logged yet. If you dont do this step some PCs may not be able to correctly role their init, since i had a glitch on the linking process.
6. The PCs can now roll their init and you can roll all npc init with a click on menue, init Roll NPC init. The Init will be filled out and the button "I.-Rld" will be active (Initiative rolled). When all inits are rolled you can use the next actor button to begin the round. When the RD is done you can either rolle new init (according to the Options) or the inititive of the last round will automatically renew.

Act1,2 and Free are Action Buttons. Act1 is normal Action taken, Act2 is complex or 2 normal Actions Taken, Free is Free action taken. They are only information fields.

The Button on the line with the name, that is labeld "D" is an information if an action is Delayed or not.

The Rest of the combat Tracker is only parially usable. The Effects part is not done yet and has a problem.

P-Dam and S-Dam is the Damage the have.

hmm I think that was about it, i hope this helps a bit. If it is not clear, just contact me for a meeting in Teamspeak and i show you.

Fenloh

DiplRip
September 25th, 2011, 08:00
Many Thanks,

it worked out. Thanks for the effort you put into this ruleset!

Dip

CeeJay
October 13th, 2011, 19:11
Hi,

first of all, many thanks for the work you put into this ruleset. Looks very cool to me and since I#m currently running a Shadowrun campaign I will try this one out for sure.

But you asked for feedback, so here we go :-)

- Technomancer and their fading attribute: The set assumes that drain resistance is allways willpower plus a second attribute. TMs use resonance plus a second attribute.
- Magic Foci: In the filed "Type of the focus" I can only choose "Focus of 1","Focus of 2" etc. I think the foci names aer missing here.
- Combat Tracker: When a character gets a wound modifier his initiative score for the current round is reduced by that modifier. Is it possible that the CT tracks that automatically? That would be very handy.
- Spirits and Sprites: It's very nice that spirits resist summoning or binding automatically. Any chance to do the same for sprites?

I will post more things when they come up.

-CJ

Fenloh
October 20th, 2011, 05:25
Hi,

thanks a lot for the feedback and the Ideas. I know that there is still a lot to do to be a really good ruleset, but sadly i cannot continue working on it, due to changed and longer Worktimes. I have give the Projekt to "Thasmiel" who will supervise the Programming.

I am not sure if she has an account here in the FG community yet, but i will make sure she creates one. Any help will be appreciated, that i am sure.

Fenloh

inawkwardscience
October 24th, 2011, 19:14
Thanks for your work up to this point Fenloh, I hope this project can continue. Fantastic ruleset!
I wonder how hard it would be to have output read/imported from HeroLabs character creator?
https://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab&page=shadowrun

Ramid
November 1st, 2011, 21:38
Is the Fgwiki site down ?. Is there any other site were the ruleset can be approached.

Ramid
November 2nd, 2011, 19:06
Just downloaded the new version and it looks great.

Just one question the chat color for players come out as a very grey color on a white background and can hardly be seen. Gm chat is bold black on white is this normal or something that i can change ?

Fenloh
November 5th, 2011, 07:40
Ah, that is still the older version then. It is already fixed, but not uploaded yet. I will see that it will be uploaded

Fenloh

Ramid
November 17th, 2011, 18:17
Ah ok thanks :) beyond that everything else is great :D my group is having a blast playing in the ruleset.

inawkwardscience
December 6th, 2011, 20:02
There will also soon be a converter for the dumpshock XLS Chargen. As soon as it is done i will have it posted on the fgwiki.

Are you referring to Chummer? (https://www.dndjunkie.com/dev/chummer/Chummer.zip)

I know that you are unable to continue this program the way you would like to. Would it be hard to create this "converter"? I wonder if someone else could be contacted to whip up something?

micael
January 22nd, 2012, 15:11
Hi Fenloh,

I really like your work for shadowrun/fantasy grounds.
I used to play my characters with SR4 ruleset V0.6 and now updated to the newest version.
But I cant find the char directory or know how to import the chars from the older ruleset to the newer one.

A character from the new ruleset seems not to create a entry in the roaming directory
as the older versions...

Can you help me or have I to create all 2 charecters from scratch?

Thanks
Micael

Hi,

i have just sent Drakhar the newest SR4 Ruleset. It will be available on the FGwiki soon.

In this Version the Combattracker is running. The NPC sheet is not done, NPC Rolls etc are not done, as are Items and several other things but it is getting updated.

Please send Issues, feature Requests and Bug reports as a pm. Thanks.

I could use some programming help with NPC sheet, Items and several other tasks.

Fenloh

Fenloh
January 25th, 2012, 06:04
Hi,

I am sorry, due to work I am completly inactive at the. I wish I could help, but more then checking in here for new infos every now and then is just not possible for me at the moment. There is just too much work to be done.

I hope that someone else can help you.

Fenloh

Spikenog
March 28th, 2012, 18:54
Is this ruleset dead? Anyone working on finishing what Fenloh started or does anyone know a VT that runs well with Shadowrun?

Fenloh
April 9th, 2012, 16:22
Hello,

A new version is uploaded. (only Zip version).

Fenloh

chillybilly
May 6th, 2012, 23:08
I really enjoy this ruleset as it makes playing SR4 possible in FG. However, the version (current version I think) has some features missing though (the black text in the Personalities folders combined with the blue background make it very hard to read, damage application isn't finished, etc).

Are there plans to complete this amazing ruleset?

Klingbeil
May 9th, 2012, 15:09
does anyone know if this ruleset is compatible with the Catalyst edition of Shadowrun? i think it's considered 4th edition, but the info on the wiki link for the FG Shadowrun ruleset says FASA.

i honestly haven't played since 2nd edition came out, way back when, and i'm looking to get back into it now.

CeeJay
May 9th, 2012, 16:52
does anyone know if this ruleset is compatible with the Catalyst edition of Shadowrun? i think it's considered 4th edition, but the info on the wiki link for the FG Shadowrun ruleset says FASA.
Yupp, the ruleset is based on Shadowrun 4th edition. But keep in mind that it is still "work inprogress".

-CJ

barrow
May 26th, 2012, 10:30
Is this ruleset dead? Anyone working on finishing what Fenloh started or does anyone know a VT that runs well with Shadowrun?

I do not know about finishing but I have started to look for an fix defects in the ruleset, so far I have been focusing on the Character sheet. I have around 10 fixes that I need to test further and then I should have it up on the wiki in the near future.

I am just starting this (last week) so I have not set up all the logistics for uploading and such, so be patient :)

If you have any defects that hamper your basic usage of the Ruleset let me know, I am focusing on the basic showstoppers for the moment, in particular I am focusing on the character sheet and anything involving the players. In my experience SR GMs are used to the micromanagement needed to run a game so they can get by, but a faulty field in the character sheet will stop people from feeling at home with the Ruleset and thus they might not show up to gaming sessions.

--- Below is my current closed ticket list ---
* Charsheet: Skillbonus was not saved between sessions of charsheet
* Charsheet: Attribute modifier was not saved between sessions of charsheet
* Charsheet: Weapon damage value (DV) was not saved between sessions of charsheet
* Charsheet: Missile weapon type on character sheet was misspelled “missl”
* Charsheet: Awakened spellcasters can now change the force of the spell being cast
* Combat roll: message had non-relevant text that has been removed
* Combat roll: message has been reformatted for better understanding
* Combat roll: Melee weapons roll message had bullet related information displayed
* Combat roll: Melee weapons roll message now contains information on reach
* Combat roll: Damage type is now displayed after the DV for better visibility
* Personalities: Description field now has a background making it possible to read any description added
* Combat encounter: Threat rating text is now displayed properly in combat encounter template

Kind regards,
Barrow

barrow
May 29th, 2012, 07:42
Version 4.2.8.91 is now available on the Wiki (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Shadowrun).

Currently this version is only available as a compressed folder, PAK file is not available.

Ramid
May 29th, 2012, 19:41
Looks great will be testing it this evening thank you !.

Karrth
June 4th, 2012, 12:53
I can't seem to open the ruleset.

I get the following error: Ruleset error: could not load included file (campaign/campaign_encounters.xml)

I will try to download an earlier edition and see if the file is not there and then copy it over to the current folder. How ever any advice on this would not be ignored :)

barrow
June 4th, 2012, 13:22
I can't seem to open the ruleset.

I get the following error: Ruleset error: could not load included file (campaign/campaign_encounters.xml)

I will try to download an earlier edition and see if the file is not there and then copy it over to the current folder. How ever any advice on this would not be ignored :)

It looks like the file is missing for some strange reason, I will upload a new zip as soon as I can (working on it now).

EDIT: Sorry about this, seems that my makeshift development environment was not good enough, I have uploaded a new file to the Wiki with the more important fixes and it is complete.

Grey Hunter
June 17th, 2012, 07:10
So I upgraded to 2.9 yesterday for a game, but when I tried to use this module, nothing could be click on.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this?

Fenloh
June 19th, 2012, 06:07
Hi,

sorry, did not realize that the V. 2.9 is already active. I have removed the Decal on the right side to fix the problem. A new Version has been uploaded.

Fenloh

Roncorps
June 25th, 2012, 18:25
Not too experienced with your ruleset and Shadowrun 4th, but could it be used, for some part, to play 3th edition of Shadowrun ?

Fenloh
June 26th, 2012, 06:56
Hello Roncorps,

Well you would need to add a modifier for the Dicepool and you need to create a Target Number with a modifier. I am not sure with the Base Attributes, but I think there was a change too.

It would be quite some work to change this ruleset to SR3.

Fenloh

tomfox
June 26th, 2012, 20:36
@fenloh: How do I install the SR4.zip ruleset in FGII? I don´t have a \ruleset folder, neither in programm nor in data folder...

Roncorps
June 26th, 2012, 22:00
@Fenloh : Yeah I see that ! But thanks anyway for this great looking ruleset for 4th =)

@Tomfox : You need to go in "Appdata". There, if you don't have a \ruleset folder, just create one manually \rulesets. After that, just unzip SR4.zip into it, but make sure that when you enter SR4 folder, you get to all the files, not another SR4 folder (because when unzipping, it's create sort of a SR4 folder doubloon)

Fenloh
June 27th, 2012, 10:01
@Roncorps
You have to thank exothermal for that look. He is the one with the Graphics :).

@Tomfox
If you dont have a ruleset Folder, then you probably use the Lite Licence. You would not need the ruleset. You will get all necessary things from your GM upon connecting the first time.

Fenloh

Fenloh
June 30th, 2012, 16:25
Hello all,

new Version is available on the FGWiki

Version 4.2.9.94 (Not available as PAK Installer)
Bugfix: Changed placement of some fields on man Page
Bugfix: Fixed circular menue in Charsheet. You can use "Add Modifer", "Delete Modifier" and "Add Item in Location" and the like again.
Bugfix: Fixed Issue where the weapon damage counted itself up when it was a Meleeweapon with Strength bonus

Fenloh

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Shadowrun

cofl
July 20th, 2012, 14:14
Hi all,

Am new to FGII and am keen to start a Shadowrun campaign with some friends. Unfortunately, when I follow the link listed above and try to download the ruleset, I end up with a file called File_SR4.zip that is 0K and dosen't open.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to be logged into the Wiki?

Thanks in advance. :)

Ardem
July 20th, 2012, 16:11
It is slow to download but I have got the download myself

Here is a dropbox link of the latest version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/SR4.zip

cofl
July 23rd, 2012, 09:29
It is slow to download but I have got the download myself

Here is a dropbox link of the latest version

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/SR4.zip

Awesome! Thanks a heap for that. :)

Looking forward to this...

Ardem
July 23rd, 2012, 09:37
We have been investigating this ruleset recently, we found some issues with the combat tracker and passing mainly and knowing what your have targeted. I don't think the combat tracker is quite ready. Also personalities is not finished,which I made some athetics xml changes so the GM can atleast see the notes page and some the personailities data.

This ruleset could do with a video tutorial compared to all the other rulesets other there, cause there is a steep learning curve of what affects what, when modifying data or choosing fields.

But it has great potential.

If you use it for character sheet and skill dice rolling only, then it is workable any further expectations and I think you be disappointed until more work is done.

Fenloh
July 26th, 2012, 05:56
Hi,

you are absolutly right with the Documentation.

Features like the Drag and drop of Skills on the vertikcal Tabs and Attributes should be mentioned, also the additional moddifiers per skill, that you can enter with a right click and then activate when needed.
Or the Ammocount on the Firearms depending on the Firerate you have selected.
Or some other features in the Charsheet. I know there are some issues with automatic calculations, but I dont have the time to do it myself atm.

The Combat Tracker works quite fine though if you know how to use them. I know if you dont use them correctly it will crash, but once you know what to do it does not and helps a great deal. It is not perfect, but it works. If you have the time for a chat in Teamspeak, I can show you. I have GMT+1 (CEST) as timeline.

I am happy to show some features to anyone who wants to contact me. Please send me a Message.

Fenloh

Ardem
July 26th, 2012, 06:33
Thanks for the reply fenloh, I would love to kick off a time, to suit for you I will need to aim for a Friday or Saturday night your time. Which will be a morning my time I am GMT+10 hours AEST.

So if you can give me a time this or next weekend that would be great.

The issue I seem to be havin is the chat window flooding with Passing text 32000 or more to be exact. When you go from one player to the next it seems to ignore passing back to those that have more when hitting the next player turn.

Thanks Again

Fenloh
July 26th, 2012, 19:18
Hi,

Well we only have an 8 Hour time Difference. 9PM for me is 5 AM for you. Hmm. Wouldnt it be easier if we use a time that is more convinient for you? How about 9AM for me, that would be 5PM for you. Saturday?

Fenloh

Ardem
July 27th, 2012, 05:22
Sounds great to me.

PMing details

Ardem
August 6th, 2012, 02:31
Further update to this Fenloh was such a nice guy he gave me a run down of the ruleset and showed me the different areas i was going wrong to create the error in the combat window which is full functioning.

This truly is a marvel of engineering with all the hidden options. Big grats to Fenloh for putting it together looking forward to using the ruleset soon.

Fenloh
August 6th, 2012, 20:16
Great that I was able to show you some things. I know there should have been documentation... buuut... well maybe someday in the future :).

Let me know how your first game went with the Ruleset.

Fenloh

Ramid
September 1st, 2012, 19:32
Long story short the server running my Fg Campaign crashed and there was no way to recover data from the damaged disks.

My players can see their characters in manage local but there is no choice there to export them to a new system or to choose them once in the new game.

anyone have any ideas how to do that

Fenloh
September 2nd, 2012, 13:21
Hi,

Usually there is a backup of the campaign, that is automatically created and saved.

Fenloh

Ramid
September 3rd, 2012, 13:54
Hi thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately the backups were gone as well due to the hard drive nuking itself.

I thankfully had a backup thats a few month's old so we don't need to do to much re writing.

ten3br0us
September 25th, 2012, 13:30
I've started testing this out myself and it looks like this will be very useful in the campaign I'm starting up this weekend. One question, though, every time I add a personality to the combat tracker there's a scripting error that it complains about some hp field being nil. Any ideas on what might be causing that or workarounds? Thanks.

ten3br0us
September 25th, 2012, 21:47
Nevermind, I found a way to deal with it by commenting out some code in the addNpc function of the ct.lua script where it was hitting the errors. Much better now.

Wholfe
October 12th, 2012, 18:08
Are the portraits not working for the ruleset or do you have to do something different?

ManFishFrank
December 27th, 2012, 06:09
Hello-
I'm new to FGII and am interested in running shadowrun 4ed. I downloaded the rule-set and everything seem to work however my library is blank. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get them to work?

Trenloe
December 27th, 2012, 13:57
Hello-
I'm new to FGII and am interested in running shadowrun 4ed. I downloaded the rule-set and everything seem to work however my library is blank. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get them to work?
There aren't any library entries (modules) with this ruleset - presumably for copyright reasons.

kodama
January 30th, 2013, 17:07
Hello everyone!

After nearly three year enjoying Fantasy Grounds with my friends on Cthulhu, we decided to go Shadowrunning!

I was quiet worry about the ruleset when I discover the complexity of the Shadowrun rules... but I realize how much it was well done and I want to congratulate anyone here who made this fantastic work!

Yet I still have few questions for you:

- Fenloh wrote in his post of the 1st of september 2011 in this discussion about the fact that there is an “ammocount” system, I didn’t see it in the ruleset?

- There is a button for each item created in the item zone of the tabs “COMBAT/ MAGIC/ MATRIX/ PILOT”. It is a sequential button supposed to mean different things (like the spelltype for the spells) but for me it keep showing the same picture everywhere: ALL/SINGL/ONE.

- Do you know where I can find a tutorial for the “combat tracker”?

Thank you for your help!

kodama
January 31st, 2013, 23:06
OK I found the ammocount by my own :D
I didn't saw before the right-click on the weapon that give access to the "add modifier" which show the ammo count line.

This is really great and then you can hide/show it only by double-click the sword icon on the right of the weapon description.

Great, really great!

But I still don't know about my trouble with the button ALL/SNGL/ONE?

And I found no places to manage the money... which is not necessary because we could use an item in the "inventory".
But would be nice to have a "wallet" on the main tab because I feel like ShadowRun is all about nuyens!

dstuffle
February 5th, 2013, 23:29
Where can I get a copy of the latest version of this ruleset?

The FGWiki link on the downloads page (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Category:Rulesets) returns a "That Page no longer lives here" message.

Other links to where to get it (example: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4316559/SR4.zip) return 404 page not found errors.

Anyone got a valid url where it can be gotten?

Trenloe
February 6th, 2013, 01:34
Where can I get a copy of the latest version of this ruleset?

The FGWiki link on the downloads page (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Category:Rulesets) returns a "That Page no longer lives here" message.
The Wiki is temporarily down until a new home is found for it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142443

Hopefully someone who has the latest Shadowrun ruleset can help get you a copy.

Dakadin
February 6th, 2013, 01:57
I downloaded it recently and sent a dstuffle PM so I could give a copy of it.

dstuffle
February 14th, 2013, 20:35

Thank you Dakadin. I got it.

Wretch
February 15th, 2013, 10:31

Hi Dakadin, If you get a moment, I dont suppose you could send me a copy as well?

Thanks

Dakadin
February 15th, 2013, 19:15
Sure. I sent you a PM.

kodama
February 25th, 2013, 08:23
Hello,

Another question about the SR4 ruleset.

Does any of you could tell me how to use the "DRAINRES" box?
The magician of my team can't even put a value in this field?

Thank you very much.

milspec
February 26th, 2013, 09:51
Can someone please send me the latest version of the SR4 ruleset? Thanks.

Dakadin
February 26th, 2013, 19:00
I sent you a PM about getting a copy.

Gilbert
February 28th, 2013, 20:32
So is this still available?

Redwulfe
March 2nd, 2013, 17:57
Could someone send me the latest on this as well.

Dakadin
March 2nd, 2013, 20:31
I sent you a PM with a link.

Redwulfe
March 2nd, 2013, 22:37
Nice thanks man!

Red

Redwulfe
March 10th, 2013, 18:12
So starting to try and get to know the rule set and put characters in for using it for our missions games and had a few questions.

1. Is this module still being worked on?

2. If not would anyone mind if I start putting up some changes? like taking out the extra dice that are not used, changing some of the headers from the DnD ones to ones made for this rule set, changing some of the frames that did not get fully ported over yet and adding a language module similar to the one used in DnD (will probably use an extension for this though. This of course could be absolutely not needed though and I don't wish to step on anyone's toes, so if it is still being worked on please let me know.

3. If I create a module for this rule set and then change the rule set does the module need to be updated? I am sure the answer is "it depends" but just checking.

4. Is there anything this rule set doesn't do well? from those that use it for regular games. Basically looking for things to work on as well as to get a heads up on things that may cause issues in running my game. If you have a work around please let me know as well.

Red

Ramid
March 19th, 2013, 22:13
Can someone provide me with the most recent ruleset for Sr4

Dakadin
March 20th, 2013, 01:04
I sent you a private message with a link.

I also recently sent a copy to JPG so he can upload it to where the other community rulesets are in the Library link.

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2013, 02:46
I just added the Shadowrun ruleset that Dakadin sent me to the Library section of this web site.

Regards,
JPG

Alucius
May 13th, 2013, 15:55
Would anyone be able to do a quick primer on how to add NPCs using this ruleset?
My group has figured out how to add NPCs using the Pathfinder ruleset but that method is not working for this SR4 version.

-I can create NPCs but I can not seem to add them to a map/encounter so that they can be interacted with by players. I figure I am missing something key. Thank you.

Trenloe
May 20th, 2013, 01:35
-I can create NPCs but I can not seem to add them to a map/encounter so that they can be interacted with by players. I figure I am missing something key. Thank you.
Make sure that you add the NPC to the Combat Tracker, then drag the NPC token from the combat tracker to the map. This makes sure the token is linked to the NPC entry in the Combat Tracker.

Note that when you first drag the NPC token from the combat tracker to the map that the token will be invisible. The GM has to right-click on the token and select "Visibility" -> "Set Always Visible" when you want the players to see and be able to interact with the NPC token.

joeri755
June 6th, 2013, 13:08
Ow this looks nice, where can I find it?

Trenloe
June 6th, 2013, 17:38
Ow this looks nice, where can I find it?
See post #87 above.

dstuffle
July 11th, 2013, 03:31
Anyone taken a look to see how hard this is going to be to convert to SR5?

GatewayTraveller
July 13th, 2013, 23:37
Having picked up the 5th edition book on the 11th, I was debating of taking a swing at making a rule set for it, using the 4th edition one as a base. Will investigate a little more, as I would love to run in the shadows once again.

GatewayTraveller
July 19th, 2013, 02:26
Having went through the 5th edition book, I can say that although there are changes in the rule set, they are not super drastic in the way the rule set operates. The major things I see at this point are: Limits to dice pool based on equipment/attributes. Deckers are back! Armor is now one rating instead of two, some skills where eliminated or changed, and some new skills where added. Some other minor things that I can see but do not effect the rule set as it is presented in fantasy grounds. I think small modifications in the character sheet in the original 4th edition rules would be really all that is needed.

dstuffle
July 22nd, 2013, 21:03
Super. Would it also be possible to add weapons, skills, spells, and equipment to the NPC form (or am I just blind, and there's already a place for them)?

inawkwardscience
July 25th, 2013, 00:33
That's great news! I have not had a chance to comnpare the two yet, but I am looking forward to playing some Shadowrun5 online. Since I know nothing about configuring rulesets, I was considering Roll20.

Having went through the 5th edition book, I can say that although there are changes in the rule set, they are not super drastic in the way the rule set operates. The major things I see at this point are: Limits to dice pool based on equipment/attributes. Deckers are back! Armor is now one rating instead of two, some skills where eliminated or changed, and some new skills where added. Some other minor things that I can see but do not effect the rule set as it is presented in fantasy grounds. I think small modifications in the character sheet in the original 4th edition rules would be really all that is needed.

GatewayTraveller
July 28th, 2013, 21:48
since I have a strong desire to play shadow run, and I see there is some interest, I'm going to look into making modifications from the current ruleset. this will be my first attempt at doing any kind of ruleset. I'll keep you posted.

inawkwardscience
July 29th, 2013, 00:41
Awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

GatewayTraveller
August 20th, 2013, 00:45
Okay, having played at GenCon a intro shadowrun and going through the GM boot camps, I feel that I can run a game, the issue for me is time. I am in school full-time, I work full time, family full time, on top of trying to game as a player and a GM. As much as I would want to modify the rule-set, I think I would be unable to do so in the near future. I finish school in about three months. Once complete that should free me up to look into rule-set programming :)

cutlass
September 14th, 2013, 16:27
I was very impressed by the ruleset. What about Libraries and/or adventure modules, anyone here got something?

Hitcher
September 20th, 2013, 09:38
Hi.

Do you also happen to go to modify it to be used with SR 5?

Marcavius
September 25th, 2013, 02:53
Hi Fenloh and Drakhar!

I first wanted to say thank you, to your whole team for this. It's perfect for the campaign I'm running with friends.

I am running into a slight issue however on it. I've searched this thread regarding libraries, but found no definitive answer as to why this might be occurring. Perhaps I skipped something. Below is a breakdown of my issue.

Situation: I cannot seem to open reference links in libraries.

Information: I have created a copy of "3.5E-basicrules.mod" and set the <ruleset> to "Any" in the definition.xml file. I can see this module in the SR4 ruleset, but unfortunately I cannot open the reference links inside the library once I've enabled this to be read. I have tried this with several modules and none of the links seem to be viewable (links on the right side) in the libraries when I click on them. These just don't open.

Is this a bug (known prior or otherwise)? Am I doing something wrong with opening these reference links? I know in several of the other rulesets it's a single click -- is there something else I should be doing for these? Forgive my ignorance on this issue, I am fairly new with XML and FG.

Kind Regards,
Marcavius

Trenloe
September 25th, 2013, 03:36
Information: I have created a copy of "3.5E-basicrules.mod" and set the <ruleset> to "Any" in the definition.xml file. I can see this module in the SR4 ruleset, but unfortunately I cannot open the reference links inside the library once I've enabled this to be read. I have tried this with several modules and none of the links seem to be viewable (links on the right side) in the libraries when I click on them. These just don't open.

Is this a bug (known prior or otherwise)? Am I doing something wrong with opening these reference links? I know in several of the other rulesets it's a single click -- is there something else I should be doing for these? Forgive my ignorance on this issue, I am fairly new with XML and FG.
Different rulesets will have different library templates defined within their ruleset XML. This is one thing that the layered rulesets in FG 3.0 will help with. However, for the Shadowrun ruleset I'm not sure what the library templates are and what you'd need to change. For example, in the 3.5e basicrules module the top level menu has the links defined with a <class> of "referenceindex" and then the entries under those will have different <class> definitions. Then, in the 3.5e ruleset this class is defined as: <windowclass name="referenceindex"> in ref_basicclasses.xml.

In the Shadowrun ruleset it looks like the library templates are defined in ref\ref_library.xml and as suggested above referenceindex is not in this file. I think the equivalent is "library" - so replacing <class>referenceindex</class> with <class>library</class> should make those links work OK. However, you will then have to do the same for the next layer down in the module...

Marcavius
September 25th, 2013, 04:35
Different rulesets will have different library templates defined within their ruleset XML. This is one thing that the layered rulesets in FG 3.0 will help with. However, for the Shadowrun ruleset I'm not sure what the library templates are and what you'd need to change. For example, in the 3.5e basicrules module the top level menu has the links defined with a <class> of "referenceindex" and then the entries under those will have different <class> definitions. Then, in the 3.5e ruleset this class is defined as: <windowclass name="referenceindex"> in ref_basicclasses.xml.

In the Shadowrun ruleset it looks like the library templates are defined in ref\ref_library.xml and as suggested above referenceindex is not in this file. I think the equivalent is "library" - so replacing <class>referenceindex</class> with <class>library</class> should make those links work OK. However, you will then have to do the same for the next layer down in the module...

Thank you very much Trenloe! This explained a lot for me. From delving into these files, it looks like I've got quite a bit more studying to do. There's quite a few dependencies here that I think will need to be plotted out...maybe a good diagram before breaking links. I'm seeing what you're talking about now on the referenceindex also. I'm hoping none of the other references are dependencies in the file. Well...time to learn XML :square:

Tycandus
October 15th, 2013, 18:08
Are there any library entries in this ruleset? I can see how to create a character, but there's no equipment or anything else.

Trenloe
October 15th, 2013, 19:16
Are there any library entries in this ruleset? I can see how to create a character, but there's no equipment or anything else.
This is usual for a community produced ruleset as including library entries from the game usually breaks copyright.

daddystabz
November 11th, 2013, 08:17
Will this be available for Shadowrun 5 and can you download this ruleset anywhere?

Unahim
November 12th, 2013, 21:12
It'd be awesome if you could make a version with square avatars rather than round ones. The round ones just never look as good. They obscure too much, especially with the thick borders in this ruleset.

daddystabz
November 13th, 2013, 03:10
First off...

How can I get a copy and install this ruleset please?

Secondly, will this be updated to be able to be used with the 5th. edition of the game?

Trenloe
November 13th, 2013, 03:55
How can I get a copy and install this ruleset please?
In the FG library.

daddystabz
November 16th, 2013, 01:00
How/where can I access the FG library please? I am a n00b to that.

In the FG library.

damned
November 16th, 2013, 02:21
its a link from the homepage... if you are like me you probably come straight to the forums...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/

daddystabz
November 16th, 2013, 02:34
Thanks. I do indeed go straight to the forums, lol.

its a link from the homepage... if you are like me you probably come straight to the forums...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/

daddystabz
November 18th, 2013, 22:45
I have several players including myself that are seeking to play Shadowrun 5 over FG using the free SR 4 ruleset that can be downloaded. We all play together all the time and have great chemistry. The guy that was willing to GM though does not have an ultimate license.

Would anyone out there with an ultimate license be willing to run run a SR 5 campaign with an experienced group of great players? We use voice chat to communicate as well.

damned
November 18th, 2013, 23:05
i dont mean to be a troll but why dont your players buy licenses instead?
3x lites as a bundle will cost $20.40each.

GatewayTraveller
November 19th, 2013, 01:40
I was bogged down in school and work and pathfinder when I originally took a look at the fourth edition ruleset to convert to fifth. Now that I've graduated college (Yeah!) and have now only work and Rise of the Runelords campaign, a Fifth edition ruleset may be doable with my free time.

daddystabz
November 21st, 2013, 00:26
PLEASE keep me posted. I am VERy interested and willing to help test it any way I can.

I was bogged down in school and work and pathfinder when I originally took a look at the fourth edition ruleset to convert to fifth. Now that I've graduated college (Yeah!) and have now only work and Rise of the Runelords campaign, a Fifth edition ruleset may be doable with my free time.

GatewayTraveller
November 21st, 2013, 01:20
Sure thing, it may be about a week though, my PC HDD died last week and my graphics card is buggy to hell, I've had to post-pone some of my Runelord stuff because of it(grrr...)

Unahim
November 30th, 2013, 17:15
It seems that the Mask tool isn't working properly. I can use it on imported images, but not on drawings done in the module itself. The button doesn't even show up. This has pretty much stopped my using of stuff drawn on the fly completely. Is there a fix for this?

Trenloe
November 30th, 2013, 18:28
It seems that the Mask tool isn't working properly. I can use it on imported images, but not on drawings done in the module itself. The button doesn't even show up. This has pretty much stopped my using of stuff drawn on the fly completely. Is there a fix for this?
You can't mask a free-hand drawings as they aren't actually full images - just the details of the drawing itself. Even free-hand drawing on top of images will ignore the mask. The work arounds are (neither of which are great):

Only draw free-hand when you want the players to see the drawing.
Prepare some of the basic maps beforehand in a separate graphics application (GIMP, Paint, PhotoShop, etc.) and import these as images into FG. You can then mask these as needed. You can also do further free-hand drawing on them - but this, of course, won't be masked.

Not great options, I know...

Blackfoot
April 10th, 2014, 04:16
What is the Status on development for this ruleset?
Anyone working on bugs?
Any plans to go to CoreRPG?

Shadou
July 2nd, 2014, 05:30
Is this ruleset still under development? I think I've come across a bug.

On the character sheet, the cyberware and bioware tabs allow you to create items and input their descriptions, but do not allow you to set their essenceloss rating. Essenceloss seems to be locked at 0.

Edit: Never mind. It doesn't look like you should be able to, since there's no text field, but it does allow you to change Essenceloss to a wholenumber value. This remains a bug; you need to be able to set it to decimal values. Also, when the value is changed while on the Cyberware tab (not the overview tab), it gives an error:

Script Error: [string "charsheet_wareitem:wareessenceloss"]:1: attempt to call field 'addEssenceloss' (a nil value)

Fenloh
July 2nd, 2014, 06:16
Nope, currently it is not in developement any more.

It would really be great if some of you guys come together to discuss some programming. I currently do not have the time. I was hoping for the GUI Project, but it was not supported enough.

If you are interessed in helping to program, please contact me. Even if I do not have time to do all by myself I will make some time to make this a valid Project if there are enough People who would like to participate. There is already someone interessted.

Fenloh

Shadou
July 2nd, 2014, 06:22
I would help, but the programming languages I'm familiar with do not include XML. It shouldn't take me too long to learn, though, given some reference material.

Fenloh
July 3rd, 2014, 09:50
Well I try to meet with Iamward on Sunday, I am just waiting for his reply on the time.

ianmward
July 26th, 2014, 14:58
Hi all,
I met with Fenloh and he took me through it. It has some cool features I didn't know about.
I am now starting to maintain it, updating it to 5e.
My plan is to do some quick fixes to the existing ruleset to bring it up to 5e, then work on migrating to CoreRPG and adding new things, like targetting support.
I'll start a list of bugs and feature requests so if anyone has any, please shout out.
Regards,
Ian

damned
July 26th, 2014, 15:02
hi guys - im not much of a coder - just ask Trenloe - but wouldnt it be better to just start on the CoreRPG conversion straight away? i dont think that you can port the existing code that easily...

damned
July 26th, 2014, 15:03
Oh - one more thing - thats GREAT NEWS!

Blackfoot
July 26th, 2014, 16:00
Based on my experience with working with CoreRPG, you are best off looking at one of the rulesets that are based off of CoreRPG and going from there... then modifying that to match the elements of your specific ruleset. If you invest a lot of time working with the existing ruleset you may find that a lot of that effort is wasted as there are basic elements that CoreRPG handles that you won't need to deal with. Definitely take a look at it before starting work.

Shadou
July 26th, 2014, 20:10
What are the differences between 4e and 5e? I've been looking for a list of major differences, but all I can find is people praising or complaining about the differences, but no information on what the differences are. Can someone give a detail comparison here?

ianmward
July 26th, 2014, 23:16
I have already started the port to CoreRPG but it is seriously non-trivial given the amount of customisation in the current Shadowrun 4 ruleset. I want to do something quick to get people able to use what's available with 5e, also helping me to understand how it all works.
My plan is to implement 3 things for now:
Limits on skill tests
New Initiative system
Use one armour type
The rest will wait for the CoreRPG version which will take a few months, I reckon...
Ian

ianmward
July 26th, 2014, 23:33
What are the differences between 4e and 5e? I've been looking for a list of major differences, but all I can find is people praising or complaining about the differences, but no information on what the differences are. Can someone give a detail comparison here?

There's a thread here that talks about the differences:
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/27101/what-are-the-differences-between-shadowrun-4th-and-5th-edition-that-i-should-kno

Cheers

Ian

damned
July 27th, 2014, 14:37
I have already started the port to CoreRPG but it is seriously non-trivial....
...The rest will wait for the CoreRPG version which will take a few months, I reckon...

Yes... non trivial is correct! But you are going that way anyway... everything else you do now will be... superseded.
Either way - keep up the good work!

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2014, 14:43
Yes... non trivial is correct! But you are going that way anyway... everything else you do now will be... superseded.
Either way - keep up the good work!
Not necessarily everything.. I was able to port a decent amount of my pre-3.0 code in... but certainly a LOT of it will need to be modified.

Stryfe484
September 15th, 2014, 14:55
great news! We've been using the 4e ruleset, but there are a lot of things that don't work well for 5e. I'm happy to see this in development. I would like to learn xml as well, but it seems a bit daunting and I'm not sure where to start. If you need any help, I'd be more than willing to give it a try!

ianmward
September 16th, 2014, 08:24
great news! We've been using the 4e ruleset, but there are a lot of things that don't work well for 5e. I'm happy to see this in development. I would like to learn xml as well, but it seems a bit daunting and I'm not sure where to start. If you need any help, I'd be more than willing to give it a try!

Hi, I did start this, then I got distracted with some SavageWorlds stuff and got really busy at work. It is definitely still high on my priority list, though. I got some attribute limits working and am working on the weapons limits...
I'll let you know how I progress.

ianmward
December 18th, 2014, 22:19
A quick update on the Shadowrun 4 ruleset.

I finally found some time to start updating the ruleset to CoreRPG. I decided to migrate it how it is, then improve it and finally convert it to Shadowrun 5e. The good news is that I now have a version which is running under CoreRPG without wierd errors (except in the NPC sheet).

I have a working PC sheet, the incomplete NPC sheet as was and a basic working combat tracker which correctly tracks multiple initiative passes.

As the old one did, it calculates successes, tracks ammo usage, etc. I have also added the beginnings of targetting, with the target being identified in the chat window.

Next step is to finish the NPC sheet.

Cheers

Ian

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2014, 22:23
In theory.. the targeting stuff 'should' be a gimme from the CoreRPG ruleset if you can avoid overwriting it in your combat tracker.

ianmward
December 18th, 2014, 22:34
In theory.. the targeting stuff 'should' be a gimme from the CoreRPG ruleset if you can avoid overwriting it in your combat tracker.
Yeah, you are right, it tells me who is/are targetted, but the Shadowrun combat is so involved that I have had to do loads of code in the callbacks to calculate successes etc, so I will still have to handle the targetting.
I have to decide how much I automate it. I'd like to get to the point that when a charcter attacks another player's character, it calculates the hits, then invites the other player to roll the defense and tracks the net hits, then invites the armour roll and calculates the final damage. But that's going to be down the line.

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2014, 22:36
You sure you don't want to automate that defense roll? It seems like it would flow better if the defenses were automatic.

ianmward
December 18th, 2014, 22:49
I agree, It would definitely spped things up, but some people like to roll their own. I could make it an option...

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2014, 22:51
You can set it up to roll when the target is attacked.. and then if they want to roll themselves just don't target them with the attack... but this is going to slow game play down.

ianmward
December 18th, 2014, 22:54
Good idea.
I'll definitely make it automatic for NPCs.
There's a similar mechanic for spells, with the caster having to resist drain... I haven't really looked at how well that's handled in the code I migrated...

sehmerus
December 27th, 2014, 03:10
I cant wait. wish i could contribute, but what i will do is offer to run you guys in a SR5 Mission when the ruleset is ready as a "thank you" for gett'n er' Done!!! if you have a playtest group or anything feel free to include me my email is [email protected]

damned
December 27th, 2014, 03:20
its gonna be a rework of the SR4 ruleset first.
port, update, rewrite to CoreRPG.

ianmward
December 27th, 2014, 03:31
It's now on CoreRPG, got the PC sheets working (mostly, needs more testing), the combat tracker is working, now working on the NPC sheet. Attributes, armour, initiative and health are working, now doing the skills, weapons and spells...

Nylanfs
December 28th, 2014, 22:46
awesome

chillybilly
January 9th, 2015, 23:47
How's things going with this? Would love a functional shadowrun ruleset.

damned
January 10th, 2015, 02:26
chillybilly - rulests take time... lots of time... updates will come...

ianmward
January 10th, 2015, 03:02
How's things going with this? Would love a functional shadowrun ruleset.

The Shadowrun4 version is progressing. The NPC sheet now has working skill rolls. The next hard bit is NPC weapons...
I'm thinking hard how to best approach this now.

When that's done, I'll probably do some playtesting to see what works and what's missing.

chillybilly
January 10th, 2015, 13:25
The Shadowrun4 version is progressing. The NPC sheet now has working skill rolls. The next hard bit is NPC weapons...
I'm thinking hard how to best approach this now.

When that's done, I'll probably do some playtesting to see what works and what's missing.

Thanks for the update. I love this RPG and having a playable ruleset would allow me to use it with my gaming group! Thanks for your (and everyone's) hard work on this and pleases be sure to keep us posted!

Myrmeron
January 19th, 2015, 17:14
Hi guys,
I love to hear that the SR5 ruleset is under development. I went off the grid somewhere around 2002 when we went all medieval and stuff. Bought the rulebook and some accessories a few weeks ago and I am feeling a definite draw back to the sprawl. If I can support you in any way please let me know.

Keep it up. Thanks for your effort.

inawkwardscience
January 20th, 2015, 03:02
Hi guys,
I love to hear that the SR5 ruleset is under development. I went off the grid somewhere around 2002 when we went all medieval and stuff. Bought the rulebook and some accessories a few weeks ago and I am feeling a definite draw back to the sprawl. If I can support you in any way please let me know.

Keep it up. Thanks for your effort.

Seconded!

I can't wait to see this.

viresanimi
January 20th, 2015, 06:33
Wasn't this an update to 4th edition, or will it be a 5th edition version of the rules. Or are the two complete compatible? Anyhooo.. been wanting to do shadowrun for a while now, and I really hope this comes out soon!

Vires Animi

damned
January 20th, 2015, 07:37
It is a rebuild of SR4 on CoreRPG and then later IanMWard hopes to do a SR5 too.

Eternall
February 4th, 2015, 20:12
Hello,
It is a great news that SR5 ruleset is under development. I would like to know if it is possible to know the progress of this ruleset ? I kknow that SR4 ruleset is developed in german and english languages. Do you think that SR5 ruleset could be proposed in french too ?

Blackfoot
February 5th, 2015, 00:00
If there is a german conversion.. it might be 'easy' to do the french... assuming the variable text was handled using aliases (like in most of CoreRPG) and someone is able to do the translation for that file.

If there are unique text graphics that is a bit tougher.

damned
February 5th, 2015, 02:24
Hi Eternall IanMWard has not quite finished on the SR4 rebuild. I dont think you will see SR5 for several months at the earliest.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-8.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

ianmward
February 5th, 2015, 08:31
Hello,
It is a great news that SR5 ruleset is under development. I would like to know if it is possible to know the progress of this ruleset ? I kknow that SR4 ruleset is developed in german and english languages. Do you think that SR5 ruleset could be proposed in french too ?

Hi, it's great that there is so much interest in this, I'll try and get more updates out as I progress.

Unfortunately....
1) though it is possible to make it multilanguage, I have nopt been too dilligent in this up to now. I will have to go back over everything to make sure I change the strings to resources.
2) as Blackfoot suggests, there are a large number of images with english words in them, so I would need translations made and the images pit in an extension, I guess
3) as damned says, it's stil SR4 for now, though I do intend to go SR5 soon after I playtest this one...

Cheers,

Ian

Myrmeron
March 18th, 2015, 20:22
Hi Ian,
I am keen to know how you progress with SR4 ruleset. Will there be a playtest version in near future? I don't mean to rush you, I am just really interested in your project.

Currently I am persuading my players to withdraw from high-fantasy dnd and play something different. Understandably they love their characters and hesitate a lot to even give this idea a thought. I have shown them the old ruleset by Fenloh, Verokh, exothermal and Thasmiel that is rudimentary working but lacks any comfort features. My players are used to the sophisticated and well-tended dnd ruleset, so they were all like "no, you cant be serious, we cant play Shadowrun..." *sigh*

But I am not giving up just yet. I have already some wonderful adventure plots in mind. I have this crazy idea of a tutorial campaign to get accostumed to the sixth world in form of a timetravel where my player are actually playing themselves sucked through time and space to the sprawl. There would be some kind of character generation during play as they figure out their skills after a time. I would definitly love that. For now we will commence with elves, castles, dragons and virgins in despair, but I will eventually convince these chummers to give it a try (hopefully around summer/fall).

Keep up your good work, I really appreciate your effort. If I can support you in any way, please let me know.

ianmward
March 19th, 2015, 00:34
Hi,
Thanks for your interest, it's good to know that there are people out there waiting for this.

The ruleset has progressed and is probably good enough to play with at the moment. There are loads of things that I will be doing over time, but the basics are there.
I will be play testing it at FG-Con in April, check it out if you can.
I am currently going through adding more information to the combat tracker and adding automation to the combat. It now automatically rolls resistance (dodge) checks when an attack has a target. I'm now adding armour checks and damage allocation, that should speed up combat quite a bit. Next will be drain checks for spells.
The one part I haven't spend any time on is the Matrix. The basics are there for PCs, taken directly from the old ruleset, but I have not done any development on that side and no NPC support for it.
Another thing that might need work is critters, again, i haven't really looked at them yet.

I think that after the playtest, I'll fix up a few things, then I'll park the Shadowrun 4 version as it is and start the changes for 5e, where i will probably rewrite quite a bit to make it more maintainable.

What timezone are you in? Maybe you can help me do some testing before FG-Con...

Myrmeron
March 23rd, 2015, 19:58
I am from Germany so you are pretty much 7-8 hours ahead of me. That makes testing difficult although I would love to try the ruleset out first hand. Maybe on a weekend, when I manage to get up early ;-)

ianmward
March 24th, 2015, 22:52
The timezones are about to get better when the clocks change so I'm sure we can work something out...

ryntak4536
April 5th, 2015, 21:38
Can anyone tell me how to download the .pak for shadowrun? Each time I click on the link it simply opens a new browser tab with a bunch of jibberish.

Trenloe
April 5th, 2015, 21:47
Right-click on the link and select "Save as" to save it to your hard drive.

ryntak4536
April 5th, 2015, 21:49
Thanks for the reply.

I did try that, but 'save as' wasn't an option. I can do a "save link as", but that's it (as far as 'save' options go)

Trenloe
April 5th, 2015, 21:51
I can do a "save link as", but that's it (as far as 'save' options go)
Try that then.

ryntak4536
April 5th, 2015, 21:53
Aha! I did it. I needed to do a 'save link as' and that worked.
Thanks!

ryntak4536
April 5th, 2015, 23:31
Is there a way to change the color theme so that the text is a bit easier to read (in the story/personalities/etc)?

damned
April 6th, 2015, 00:07
of course there is... but its going to require you to unpack the files, identify the font files, change the appropriate font definitions colour definition and then repack...
IanMWard gave me a quick demo of the new ruleset at a local Con here in Sydney on Saturday... your gonna love it.

ryntak4536
April 6th, 2015, 00:29
Unpacking, identifying, changing....all well beyond my newbie capabilities. Can't wait till the new ruleset comes.

ETA?

damned
April 6th, 2015, 04:06
Unpacking, identifying, changing....all well beyond my newbie capabilities. Can't wait till the new ruleset comes.

It will arrive when it arrives.
These things take many (hundreds of) hours to code. They are done as a labour of love and will be ready when theyre ready...
In saying all that I would hazard a guess at 6 weeks - FGCon6 + 4 weeks... but I may be putting pressure on Ian here!

Also... you might find it both easier and harder to do what you are trying to do. What text are you wanting to change?

ryntak4536
April 6th, 2015, 17:20
I'd like to change the text color in the story blocks. They're currently white, and I'd prefer to darken them up a bit to make them easier to read.

damned
April 7th, 2015, 03:28
Try this extension. Also open it up and see what is in there. See if it gives you a little insight into how to make your own modifications.

ianmward
April 7th, 2015, 06:05
Hey all, I have had a cancellation so there is now a free spot in my CoreRPG Shadowrun 4 ruleset play test at FG-Con. If you are interested please check it out and register at:
Shadowrun4: DNA/DOA (https://www.fg-con.com/events/sxg-shadowrun4-dnadoa/)

ianmward
April 7th, 2015, 06:15
Try this extension. Also open it up and see what is in there. See if it gives you a little insight into how to make your own modifications.

Nice one Damned!

damned
April 7th, 2015, 11:59
Nice one Damned!

I just wish I could do Dice!

ryntak4536
April 7th, 2015, 15:20
This is AWESOME! Exactly what I was looking for!

You mentioned opening it up...What do you use to do that? I've tried opening it in notepad, but it's just a bunch of gibberish.

Blackfoot
April 7th, 2015, 16:18
You need to change it to a zip file and then open the files inside in an editor. I use Notepad++ but normal notepad works.

ryntak4536
April 7th, 2015, 17:02
Got it.

So, that's not so horrible looking. Where do you find the fgf file names?

damned
April 8th, 2015, 00:06
Dont even change it to a ZIP - use something like 7zip and it will recognise it as a ZIP :)
You will need to look at the same files in the unpacked (!!!) ruleset :)
7zip will also recognise hose as ZIPs too...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-12.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Onydust
May 2nd, 2015, 23:13
Greetings,

I'm new to FG and trying to use Shadowrun 4E. I have the ruleset downloaded and I can open it up, but the modules and library section seem to be empty. did I miss some files? or is it limited to character creation?

viresanimi
May 3rd, 2015, 00:36
As far as I know there are no library modules available for Shadowrun. All their material is copyrighted, so you will have to make the modules yourself.

This why the deal with Wizards of the Coast (for D&D) is such a big deal for Smiteworks. They can actually sell game material to players beyond the functionality of the rules (which can't be copyrighted) in a ruleset.

Vires Animi

Onydust
May 3rd, 2015, 01:44
As far as I know there are no library modules available for Shadowrun. All their material is copyrighted, so you will have to make the modules yourself.

This why the deal with Wizards of the Coast (for D&D) is such a big deal for Smiteworks. They can actually sell game material to players beyond the functionality of the rules (which can't be copyrighted) in a ruleset.

Vires Animi

Is this the case for all community content? mostly just the dice mechanics and a character sheet?

Blackfoot
May 3rd, 2015, 01:50
Generally speaking, what you need to play the game as far as most rulesets are concerned is a character sheet, a combat tracker, NPCs, a mapping interface... perhaps items and a few other features... but if you have those things working, you are generally expected to have the rules for the game. FG doesn't act as a character generator, it acts as a virtual tabletop so it is a space to play the game, not build the characters. The coders attempt to build an interface to handle the mechanics of the rules. You should find those things in the ruleset.

viresanimi
May 3rd, 2015, 04:16
Is this the case for all community content? mostly just the dice mechanics and a character sheet?

Yep! And I am constantly surprised that people are stunned by this. Its not like Smiteworks can just provide full rpg books which others have made for free.

The thing is, that that is the wrong way to look at it. So.. you actually need to put some work into the rpg sessions. Well, that is generally nothing new for game masters. The difference is the strengths of FG. which are the ease of which you can organize campains and modules and the speed you often gain by running things through the combat tracker. And as time goes by and you make your own modules and fill that up with content, you have so much material at your fingertips, that FG is a huge time saver.

Vires Animi

damned
May 3rd, 2015, 06:55

Piracy is very actively discouraged here.

ianmward
May 3rd, 2015, 09:52
I'm very close to releasing an update for this Ruleset and will be including a basic library with some basic (non-copyright) equipment, armour, weapons and spells, so you can drag them to the character sheet. Opening up the library, it will be easy to add in all of the real entries from the books.

Trenloe
May 3rd, 2015, 16:41
Usually, yes. For a number of reasons - mostly because the majority of RPGs are covered by copyright and so library data (beyond purely mechanics based information) cannot be distributed without the consent of the copyright holder (usually the RPG publishers). Most publishers won't give permission to use their material in a community module as it might/will affect the sales of their product.

Game mechanics can't be copyrighted, so that is why you see things like character sheets and dice mechanics in community rulesets - as Blackgoot mentions, this is usually the minimum you need to play a RPG in Fantasy Grounds. Going beyond this can take many, many hours of development work, for diminishing returns from the community developer - i.e. they've created enough to allow play of the game in FG, further work is just adding "nice to haves" at the expense of many, many hours of development.

For example, the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20055-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-FG-3-0) ruleset (v1) is perfectly playable in it's current form, providing about 50% of the base functionality needed to play, which has taken approximately 250 hours of development time to get it to where v1 is now. But, there are still so many things missing, but it is still playable.

v2 of the ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24071-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset-teaser!) has probably added about 20% more functionality, at the cost of about 250 more development hours. So - 250 hours for 50% functionality, 500 hours for 70% functionality - at some point the amount of work needed to add only small improvements becomes too big for a community developer.

Some RPGs are released under an OGL/Community Commons licence - in which case certain material (usually contained in a system reference document - SRD, or similar) can be distributed as part of a community module. Then someone has to spend a lot of time creating that community module.

chillybilly
May 3rd, 2015, 19:40
I'm very close to releasing an update for this Ruleset and will be including a basic library with some basic (non-copyright) equipment, armour, weapons and spells, so you can drag them to the character sheet. Opening up the library, it will be easy to add in all of the real entries from the books.

Looking forward to seeing this. We're in 5E right now but would love to look at SR for my next campaign. (SR or Riddle of Steel).

ianmward
May 11th, 2015, 23:28
Get Shadowrun4 and donate to a good cause now on Bundle of Holding!
Bundle of Shadowrun (https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Shadowrun4E)

Nylanfs
May 29th, 2015, 19:28
ianmward, do you have your ruleset on GitHub or anywhere we could help you playtest it? I was talking to some of the G+ Shadowrun (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106611032047145996137) people and they were interested.

dberkompas
May 29th, 2015, 21:03
The .pak file can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/rulesets/SR4.pak

No idea if it's the latest.

BoomerET

chillybilly
May 29th, 2015, 21:06
The .pak file can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/rulesets/SR4.pak

No idea it's the latest.

BoomerET

Pretty sure that's old but would love to get my hands on the new one (even if it's still buggy)

Nylanfs
May 29th, 2015, 23:05
Yes, that is the old one before CoreRPG

viresanimi
May 29th, 2015, 23:26
As far as I know, the version IamWard is working on is not available yet. I even think its release has been delayed, since a number of bugs showed up during our play during FG Con. But like you I do hope that his version is soon available.

Vires Animi

damned
May 30th, 2015, 01:06
ianmward, do you have your ruleset on GitHub or anywhere we could help you playtest it? I was talking to some of the G+ Shadowrun (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106611032047145996137) people and they were interested.

Soon!
:)
Real Soon I think....

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2015, 01:42
It has gone through some playtest, additional functionality and automation has been added the NPC sheet modified. Ian wants to shoot some tutorial videos to show people how to use it. Afterall, the ruleset is just as complex as the game system hehe. He's also been checking out if the next FG update might break it.
As Damned says, it's very close to release. Let's all give Ian a huge virtual and collective hug because he did a colossal and amazing job on this project.

dstuffle
June 7th, 2015, 01:13
Looking forward to trying this new Shadowrun mod out. With a well functioning 4Ed rules set, it shouldn't be that hard to add Limits and the checks against them to upgrade it to 5th Ed (everything else is pretty much the same).

ianmward
June 8th, 2015, 02:37
I'm already planning the 5E version which will be quite different (hopefully better) the change for limits is one change but it affects lots of things, from the library to the screens through to the success calculation, so it won't be THAT easy to just add in. Also, an easier change, is around the initiative and the combat tracker.
I'll bet letting the 4E one go soon, I'm just putting together some instructions now and fixing up some bugs on the way.
If any GM wants to beta test it for me, let me know. The condition will be that they record the session so that I can review how it went.

ianmward
June 17th, 2015, 10:40
Hi guys,
The next playtest of the ruleset will be at the first FGDaze. Sign up and see what's new.

[FGDaze] Shadowrun Missions - SRM02-01 Parliament of Thieves (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24776-FGDaze-Shadowrun-Missions-SRM02-01-Parliament-of-Thieves)

Nylanfs
June 17th, 2015, 16:48
Awesome.

irpagan
June 18th, 2015, 02:10
That's awesome! Many thanks.

MadBeardMan
June 21st, 2015, 02:10
As I was about to start coding up a 5E ruleset, is it worth me waiting (going to move my tabletop to FG over the summer) or do the folks behind this need any help?

dberkompas
June 21st, 2015, 02:18
I'd love to help. I've only done extensions thus far, but I think extending CoreRPG (no idea if 4G would benefit from being extended) would be possible.

BoomerET

dberkompas
June 21st, 2015, 02:19
Ok BoomerET, keep up with the conversation.

My apologies.

BoomerET

Mask_of_winter
June 21st, 2015, 04:06
Sounds like a lot of people want this project completed Ian :) It's great to have so many people volunteer to help.

MadBeardMan
June 21st, 2015, 15:08
I'm based in the UK and work as a coder in the day so I know XML and all the tools. I just need to get my head around how to make things work. So I'm good for throwing my time into helping out.

ianmward
June 21st, 2015, 23:00
It sounds like the SR 5 ruleset us about to jump up my priority list then :-)

MadBeardMan
June 22nd, 2015, 11:30
Well if you want any help do let me know. Seems daft to invest my time into making my own Ruleset if I can help with one already in development. So let me know what help you want.

ianmward
June 27th, 2015, 08:44
Happy FGDaze!

After another fun playtest, I decided to bite the bullet and put the ruleset out there for you all to enjoy.

Please see the new thread for this new ruleset:

Updated CoreRPG based Shadowrun 4E Rulest (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24935-Updated-CoreRPG-based-Shadowrun-4E-Rulest&p=219224#post219224)

Enjoy!

chillybilly
June 27th, 2015, 16:53
Looks AMAZING! Thank you (and everyone else who contributed to this) for releasing the ruleset into the wild! I'ts fantastic to have SR as an option to play in FG! Thanks once again and well done.

inawkwardscience
July 13th, 2015, 03:24
This does look fantastic! Thank you to all involved.

Blackfoot
July 13th, 2015, 19:39
This still seems to have the issue with the 'minimized' character sheet (when you click the on-off button or tab) that the invisible sheet still occupies the same space on the screen and covers things that are beneath it.

ianmward
July 14th, 2015, 00:33
This still seems to have the issue with the 'minimized' character sheet (when you click the on-off button or tab) that the invisible sheet still occupies the same space on the screen and covers things that are beneath it.

Yes, it does. Any help in fixing that would be good :-)

I use setSize( ... ) on the main charsheet window but it still seems to occupy the space, though not visible.

ianmward
July 14th, 2015, 01:26

Okay I found the problem. Thanks for prompting me to take another look. For the setSize to work I had to make the charsheet dynamic, the downside is that now the player can resize manually and make it look bad, but at least it works now.

I'll upload the updated version later.

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2015, 02:42
Hmm. You are setting everything to invisible, I assume, can you set the bounds to different numbers in the different states maybe?

Trenloe
July 14th, 2015, 17:57
For the setSize to work I had to make the charsheet dynamic, the downside is that now the player can resize manually and make it look bad, but at least it works now.
Set minimum and maximum dimensions to be the same.

For example, the following is take from the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset and only allows the charsheet to be sized vertically as there is no maximum set for height. But the min and max for width are the same so the charsheet can't be resized horizontally.

<sizelimits>
<dynamic />
<minimum>
<width>509</width>
<height>557</height>
</minimum>
<maximum>
<width>509</width>
</maximum>
</sizelimits>

Stordyr
August 6th, 2015, 07:45
I read something about SR5 coming up somewhere in this thread...
Is that so? I don't have any SR4 stuff (and since we're in the 5th edition, i'm not planning to buy any).
So SR5 would be totally awesome... or 3.01 if someone got that stuff as a ruleset :P

Mask_of_winter
August 6th, 2015, 07:48
I can confirm it's in the works. Details are still being discussed.

travy
April 10th, 2016, 00:39
I can confirm it's in the works. Details are still being discussed.

Any update on this?

damned
April 10th, 2016, 01:03
Yes. The update is there is no update. Other projects are being worked on ahead of this one. Sorry.

Sorontar
May 3rd, 2016, 21:21
Yes. The update is there is no update. Other projects are being worked on ahead of this one. Sorry.

Sad times :(

MadBeardMan
May 5th, 2016, 09:36
Sad times :(

Agreed, but what's being worked on is super. I personally want SR5 to come to FG, but I've got a lot on my plate so can't drop my hat into the ring just yet....

dakkonwastes
September 8th, 2016, 18:46
Is 5e still being worked on or is it behind other projects still?

damned
September 9th, 2016, 03:20

It is still behind some other projects...

dakkonwastes
September 9th, 2016, 03:28
:'(

damned
September 9th, 2016, 03:49

It is still behind some other projects...

:'(

As a guide - a ruleset without reference material can take anywhere from 100 to 400 hours to build and then more to maintain.
The reference material can take many dozens of hours too.

MadBeardMan
September 9th, 2016, 12:12
I'm bringing my 5e game to FG, just going to use the 4e resources for the moment until I find some time to tweak them until something more 5e comes.... but like Damned said, takes sooooooooooo long to produce a decent ruleset and Shadowrun has a unique system.

madmarvin
January 3rd, 2017, 04:07
i'm trying to add items using the sr4 ruleset but i can't edit them what am i doing wrong?

damned
January 3rd, 2017, 05:25
i'm trying to add items using the sr4 ruleset but i can't edit them what am i doing wrong?

Hi madmarvin you might need to tell us what you are doing? I just created items in the Character Sheet and in Items without issue.

madmarvin
January 3rd, 2017, 06:11
Hi madmarvin you might need to tell us what you are doing? I just created items in the Character Sheet and in Items without issue.

ok specificly character sheet, combat add new weapon when i click on teh shadowrun symbol a info window pops up and i can't edit anything in that wondow,

so how do i add weapons so that their combat info is included?
same with manually entering spells i can't edit the spell info pop up

ianmward
January 3rd, 2017, 09:36
ok specificly character sheet, combat add new weapon when i click on teh shadowrun symbol a info window pops up and i can't edit anything in that wondow,

so how do i add weapons so that their combat info is included?
same with manually entering spells i can't edit the spell info pop up
The best way is to use the basic rules module and drag in the weapons from there...

madmarvin
January 3rd, 2017, 09:46
The best way is to use the basic rules module and drag in the weapons from there...

i smart person would have looked for that and realized that....thank you very much.