PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Multiple/duplicate/false Library Modules

Bril147
August 22nd, 2011, 03:38
Hello I have been trying to figure out how to load Modules, Parse and the deference between client and Common and in the process have deleted and re parsed over and over and while I think I've got all of that figured out. Now when I open a module I am getting duplicate librarys opening. Lets say I open Player's Handbook 1 Module from the Module Activation tab. In my Library I see ShadowKeepNPC and two Player's Handbook 1 open. If I then open ShadowKeepNPC I then in my Library have three ShadowKeepNPC and two Player's Handbook 1. I am not quite figuring where it is pulling these extra files from. In my modules folder I only have one of each of my mods. So I have 1 Module that is opening Multiple or duplicate folders that do not exist in my Modules folder. If this is making any sense to any body. I my self am lost any help would be more the welcome.

First sorry for my poor use of the written English language. Second I found the problem lies within the temporary folder or the Parser. If there is a client.xml common. xml you will create false Library module activation. thanks for looking

phantomwhale
August 22nd, 2011, 04:47
Think this has been answered elsewhere, but in a nutshell, if you close and reopen your library, the "extra" copy should vanish.

Think it's a low priority bug with FGII (could be wrong - basically I couldn't fix it in the SWEX ruleset, so presume it's in the underlying code)

Zeus
August 22nd, 2011, 07:28
When you parsed your modules, you specified a working or temporary folder. This temporary folder holds all of the .xml created by the Parser and is used at the final stages to create the .zip and then .mod archive.

Make sure that the temporary folder is empty before you start your scrape/parse. If not and you change the module type (client.xml, common.xml and db.xml) and re-parse, then you could end up with more than one module in the library (one for each kind of file in the archive).

Bril147
August 22nd, 2011, 07:46
Thank you very much it Dr.Zuess has fixed my issue.

Zeus
August 22nd, 2011, 08:11
Your welcome.