PDA

View Full Version : Hit Tracking

DaffyRoth
August 19th, 2011, 18:42
Sooooooooo, I was wondering if anyone has a fix for the ct not really tracking combat. The damage seems to track sometimes, but on rolls to hit it doesnt say hit or miss unless you drag and drop the result on the token. It kinda slows things down when playing. Any help would be appreciated.

joshuha
August 19th, 2011, 19:52
I believe you need to have Enable PC Action on in 4th edition for it to confirm hits/misses on your target (regardless if you drop it directly on a token).

DaffyRoth
August 19th, 2011, 19:57
Already active. I made sure of that. It was working fine prior to the 2,8 update IIRC. Someone said that it was an issuse with the 4e ruleset and a fix was being tried out in the 3.5 set and would be implemented in the 2.8.1 update. Well I have 2.8.1 and still doesnt want to work.

Moon Wizard
August 28th, 2011, 09:31
I implemented some changes in 2.8 for the 4E ruleset which made it so that the combat tracker did not have to be open to apply damage and display hit/miss results.

I have had a few reports of people running into the same issue, where the ruleset does not display hit/miss on attack rolls. However, I have not been able to reproduce the issue consistently or identify the issue in order to fix it.

If you can recreate the issue at will, please let me know how you do it (step by step), preferably in a new campaign; and I will get it fixed right away.

Thanks,
JPG

DaffyRoth
August 28th, 2011, 14:12
Ok, I figured it out I think. Its a conflict with DrZ's house rule extension. Hits and misses track when its not enabled. With it enabled hits only seems to track when you drag and drop the results, while damage tracks sometimes.

Zeus
August 30th, 2011, 10:11
Joseph, my 4E House Rules extension is not compatible with FG 2.8 and 4E 2.1. The extension is for pre 2.8 installs. For 2.8 download and install my 4E Tables and 4E Fumble & Critical Hits extensions.