PDA

View Full Version : Fav D&D Campaign Setting?

Demogorgon
August 16th, 2011, 18:51
What is your favorite D&D campaign setting to play in? I'm just trying to gauge what kind of campaign setting attracts the highest number of FG2 users.

Thanks

Kung-Fu Joe
August 17th, 2011, 03:42
Dark Sun.

I loves me some Brom.

walrusman999
August 17th, 2011, 03:58
Personally i favor forgotten realms, 4th edition and 3.5, both are fun.

GunnarGreybeard
August 17th, 2011, 18:31
I'm an Greyhawk fan back from the olden days. :D

joshuha
August 17th, 2011, 18:40
Dark Sun was one of my favorite D&D campaigns but Ptolus is also up there for me.

Fersboo
August 17th, 2011, 18:57
D&D - Greyhawk
Other Fantasy - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1E & 2E (not sure of the storyline for 3e)

mindmaker1975
August 18th, 2011, 00:58
Eberron always appealed to me personally. The common use of magic and reproduction of real life things in a magical way always seemed cool. I really like the warforged in general and the drow as a barbaric former giant slaves was an interesting twist.

Dark Sun is a favorite too for its contrast.

Mellock
August 18th, 2011, 11:04
Forgotten Realms was my first encounter with DnD, and I have a soft spot for it still. :)

Demogorgon
August 18th, 2011, 15:36
what no Ravenloft? :(

MeganHunter
August 27th, 2011, 02:29
We always liked Forgotten Realms and bought a lot of their 2cd edition campaign settings, but to be honest we really liked FR because it seems a little more generic, a little less specific. We couldn't get into Dragonlance because the world had too many rules and requirements, and the whole thing seemed harder to make homegrown classes and such for since it would mess up the story. Depending on our DM, we really made our own worlds that were heavily influenced by FR and had a lot of the same maps and towns. So I'm not sure if that counts. :D

And Demogorgon, I might be way off but I could swear I just saw a new Ravenloft boardgame at my game store. It was hiding by Arkham Horror and gave me pause.

Herodian
August 27th, 2011, 07:24
Representin' for Mystara!

MeganHunter
August 27th, 2011, 08:51
I always wanted to do Spelljammer...I know it connected all the known settings or something like that, but I mean the actual space exploration bit. On a ship. A ship with sails.