PDA

View Full Version : Any other tutorials on Combat Tracker

Pandar
August 16th, 2011, 00:51
Hi, I am a newbie bought the full program to run my own D&D 3.5e game. I have been working on getting my campaign ready to roll and have been trying to practice using the combat tracker so I am used to it when the campaign starts, but I am still having issues trying to figure out what all the in's and out's of the combat tracker are. I have watched all of Xorn's tutorials (which are fantastic) since I am not using 4.0 I have watched all of the older tutorials. But, the one showing combat is not all that in depth and with the new changes you just put in for 3.5 I am still working on figuring out everything. Are there any more tutorials on combat??

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2011, 08:05
I take it you've checked the Combat Tracker section/s in the 3.5E user guide accessible from the library link above?

Pandar
August 16th, 2011, 15:28
Yep, I have been rereading that area again and still trying to practice with the combat tracker, but I am still not getting it to do everything that it shows on the instructions or even when I connected with my wife's computer it still does not work right. So it could easily be me, but I hoped there might be some more examples I could look at to get an idea of what I might be doing wrong. Since I am still so new to the program it is problem something I am doing, just have not figured out what that is yet..:o

Trenloe
August 16th, 2011, 16:08
We all generally need a bit of help when using FG for the first time...

What are you trying to do that isn't working for you?

Pandar
August 16th, 2011, 20:19
Will looks like I am the village idiot today.:o really did not look at the rule set as well as I thought I had, on my re-read again everything is working like a charm and I am targeting and having no trouble at all hitting NPC's or PC's now. I am going on to effects next so things are really coming together now for when I get ready to start my own 3.5 campaign.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2011, 23:38
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

No problem, glad you're making progress... Hope myour campaign goes well. :-)

Pandar
August 17th, 2011, 01:51
The big test will be when I post for players and see if there will be any takers or not. This is the reason I choose FG, to be able to play as a DM, since I really can not find anyone in my area who wants to have face to face games anymore and my gaming group broke up years ago. I prefer AD&D
2nd ed., but had to go to 3.5.

Thanks