PDA

View Full Version : [Leverage] The Recruitment Job

Badgers
August 15th, 2011, 21:28
Hi, I'm aiming to run a one-shot in the near future (1-2 sessions) and I'm looking for players.

This will be a straight Leverage PC generation and initial mission, rules as written, probably playing on a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 2000 BST/GMT. Can you let me know if you are interested in playing, and what main role (grifter/hacker/hitter/mastermind/thief) you want for your PC.

I'm a reasonably experienced GM and FG player, but this will be my first time GMing a FG game. If all goes well, I'll be looking to run a campaign with the same players, probably running scenarios more along the lines of Odyssey 5/Fringe, but I'm open to suggestion!

VenomousFiligree
August 16th, 2011, 06:57
Colour me interested. Mon/Tue/Wed for me at that time.

All role's sound good, if I had to choose.... Mastermind!

Zakath
August 17th, 2011, 14:49
I don't know the System and I havn't finished reading the FG handbook yet, but I have to start somwhere, right? And I love the show.

I would prefer hacker of hitter, but any other would do too.

Badgers
August 17th, 2011, 17:56
Thanks Murgh and Zakath!

I won't be using loads of FG features, so I should be able to talk everyone through using FG and Leverage.

VenomousFiligree
August 17th, 2011, 18:06
I don't know the System and I havn't finished reading the FG handbook yet, but I have to start somwhere, right? And I love the show.

I would prefer hacker of hitter, but any other would do too.
Are you familiar with any of the other Cortex / Cortex Plus games: Serenity, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Smallville, to name some?

Edit:

And welcome to FG btw! :)

Zakath
August 18th, 2011, 08:26
No, unfortunately not. I know DSA, made my first RPG experience with Edition 2, about 20 years ago and I'm currently playing Edition 4.1. The system I know best is D&D 3.5 which I started playing nearly 10 years ago. Other Systems I played (and I'm playing on-again-off-again) are L5R, (n)WOD, Dark Herasy, Cthulhu, Rolemaster, Rune Quest, Shadowrun. But I love RPGs and I'm always interested in trying new systems.

I was looking for a way to play RPGs online, since I'm in another city all week, when I found FG. Is it a problem that I use the demo version?

And one other thing I probably should mention: I'm from Germany :)

Garth
August 18th, 2011, 20:02
I'll sign up as a hitter.

Wednesdays is best, but can do others.

Done FG before, can learn any new rules required.

Badgers
August 18th, 2011, 20:07
Hi Garth! Hitter - no problem.

Zakath, I need to check, but I have a feeling that having the demo version might not be enough. I'll let you know when I find out.

CrazyGoblinoid
August 18th, 2011, 23:59
I might be interested in this, depending on the day that is decided.

Badgers, if you have an Ultimate License, Zakath will be OK, if you have a Full License then Zakath will need at least a Lite.

Badgers
August 19th, 2011, 14:58
Hi CG, hope I can arrange it for a day/time that suits you. Any days particularly good or bad?

Zakath, as CG points out, I don't have an Unlimited license so you'll need to get a Lite license to be able to play.

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2011, 15:15
Zakath, as CG points out, I don't have an Unlimited license so you'll need to get a Lite license to be able to play.

You won't regret it, FG is awesome! :)

Badgers
August 22nd, 2011, 20:38
Hi Zakath, any news on the license? I'll be putting potential dates up on the calendar soon.

Badgers
August 22nd, 2011, 21:08
So to get started, think about your PC.

Of the five roles (Hacker, Hitter, Mastermind, Grifter*, Thief), you can assign a d10, a d8, a d6 and two d4s - the higher the dice the better you are at that role. *Con artist. Ask me if the meanings of the other roles aren't obvious enough.

You now allocate dice between your six attributes: Agility, Alertness, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality and Willpower. You can choose on of these dice sets to allocate:
- d10, d10, d8, d8, d6, d6 (focused)
- d10, d8, d8, d8, d8, d6 (versatile)

Give your PC a descriptive 'Distinction' of a single word or short phrase (e.g. Drunk, Cool Under Pressure etc.) - a good Distinction can be used either to your advantage or your disadvantage.

You can select two Talents (similar to Edges in Savage Worlds), but you don't need to do that now, just think about any kind of special knacks or skills your PC has.

Finally, create a brief flashback scene of a defining moment from your background.

VenomousFiligree
August 22nd, 2011, 22:44
Mastermind d10, Grifter d8, Hitter d6, Thief and Hacker d4
Agility d8, Alertness d10, Intelligence d10, Strength d6, Vitality d6, Willpower d8.
"It's on my iPad"

You can select two Talents (similar to Edges in Savage Worlds), but you don't need to do that now, just think about any kind of special knacks or skills your PC has.Will think on it

Finally, create a brief flashback scene of a defining moment from your background.Public or PM?

CrazyGoblinoid
August 23rd, 2011, 08:18
Hi CG, hope I can arrange it for a day/time that suits you. Any days particularly good or bad?I'll have to pass on this now.

Badgers
August 23rd, 2011, 10:58
Sorry to hear that, CG.

Zakath
August 23rd, 2011, 10:59
Ok ok, you convinced me, I'll go get a licence ;)

I have to figure out where to get a inet connection that time of day, maybe stay late in the office or change the hotel, but that should be no problem.

Do you use any voice chat (Skype, Teamspeak)?

Garth wants to play a hitter, then I choose the hacker. Since I don't know the system (and therefore don't know the impact of these stats) I would like you to to give me an advice if my allocation isn't wise.

Name: Sean Underwood

"If it's impossible I do it"

Grifter: D6
Hacker: D10
Hitter: D4
Mastermind: D4
Thief: D8

Agility: D8
Alertness: D10
Intelligence: D10
Strength: D6
Vitality: D6
Willpower: D8

Is there a list of talents to choose from?
I'll work on the flashback scene.

Badgers
August 23rd, 2011, 22:34
That's great, Zakath! I'll explain Talents a little more once we get a session planned.

Murgh, I'd like the flashback scenes to be public but you can use them in the initial game session, I don't need to see them now.

I've created a Calendar page for The Recruitment Job, so could everyone go there and sign up, and I'll put in some suggested start dates and times.

Zakath
August 24th, 2011, 11:11
Mission: Purchase Lite License

:D

Are there any plugins I need or that would help me? I only have the normal version, nothing extra. If I go to Create Character there are only options for d&d 3.5 and d&d 4.

Badgers
August 24th, 2011, 17:44
Let's move the discussion over to the Calendar page.

ImaTarget
August 24th, 2011, 19:40
This sounds great. I am not familiar with leverage rpg or series but I know the british show Hustle. I'd love to play and would try my hand at a grifter if there is room.

Badgers
August 25th, 2011, 13:21
Hi Ima, plenty of room, especially for a grifter! I've watched a lot of Leverage but no Hustle - I should fix that! See you over on the Calendar page.

ImaTarget
August 26th, 2011, 00:41
Here we go:

Name : Will Backer aka Willard Christoper Bennett III

"Generous Gentleman Gourmet"

Hacker d4
Hitter d6
Mastermind d4
Grifter d10
Thief d8

Agility d8
Alertness d8
Intelligence d10
Strength d6
Vitality d6
Willpowerd10

Badgers
August 26th, 2011, 11:02
Looking good!

VenomousFiligree
September 30th, 2011, 10:09
Thanks for the Recruitment Job, a great little adventure! :)

Badgers
October 7th, 2011, 10:43
I'm starting the next Job in another week or two, and I'm looking for volunteers! The team could use another player or two - there's no-one with Hitter as their primary role.