PDA

View Full Version : Herb problems

anemeth
August 15th, 2011, 21:05
My players and I are not able to drag any herbs onto their character sheets...I had them just write them down into their inventory...is this a problem others have had or a glitch in my system?

afilaccio
November 7th, 2011, 19:02
I am completely new to this system and found that I could drag an herb from the herb list by left clicking the little square by the herb's name on the list then dragging the the little square to the lower right corner where it says herbs, etc. and letting go that it appears there.

Jasin
November 7th, 2011, 19:50
So that is the solution to getting herbs on a character sheet.

Is there anyway to drag and drop herbs for NPCs? or to the items window when planning a campaign?

Veldehar
November 7th, 2011, 23:22
Been a while since I tossed together the drag and drop system... probably seems longer than it actually has been! As I recall, in order to have cleaner herb windows, as well as transportation, in a more organized and simple manner they were broken into different types, which does keep them from being cross-dragged into different areas of a character sheet. That likely being the case, an NPC without an herbs window would not be able to receive them in this manner, and items would not accept them.

All my free time (as it were) is being spent developing a game that I hope to release on FG2 as well as print close to simultaneously, so there is little to no hope in my revamping the drag & drop for RMC. I was going to make the system fancier but time and frustration with ICE got the best of me... hence designing my own D100 system, LOL. oohhh the insanity.

Veldehar Snow-Elven

afilaccio
November 9th, 2011, 05:36
Jasin

Look at the thread on the first page that describes Tricks & Quirks of the RMC Character Sheet and you might find your answer there. Apparently the items keep accumulating but you can not see them unless you click on the description of your last herb and then use the arrow key to scroll down.

lachancery
November 9th, 2011, 17:23
So that is the solution to getting herbs on a character sheet.

Is there anyway to drag and drop herbs for NPCs? or to the items window when planning a campaign?

The table in Character Law -> 8.0 Equipment And Commerce -> Table 08-19: Enchanted Herbs contains links (the square boxes in the left-most column) that can be dragged on the character sheet in the Inventory -> Herbs section.

For items, when you are in edit mode on the item description, you can right-click to bring up the radial menu and choose paragraph type. In there you will see a link option. Drag the square box for the herb you want to link on the box you just created in the item description to link it to the herbs table.

For NPC, the Notes tab on the NPC is also a text field, so you can edit it as well to add a link to an external table in the same way as for items.

Gambrinus
November 11th, 2011, 02:22
Oh, and okay. I was wondering how I could make that work. That was not the most obvious solution to me, but I guess it works out fine.. and you get the same results, and drag and drop items for the players.

lachancery
November 11th, 2011, 03:12
Oh, and okay. I was wondering how I could make that work. That was not the most obvious solution to me, but I guess it works out fine.. and you get the same results, and drag and drop items for the players.
Yes, the RMC implementation in FG is very powerful (especially when compared to the book/page flipping hassle that playing RM was), but the UI of FG is not the most intuitive for those who have grown up on the UI conventions of Microsoft & Windows.