PDA

View Full Version : New full licensee questions

Comac
August 14th, 2011, 05:18
Well Ive just got the game and havent really had a chance to sit down and dig in yet due to work... but I will be doing so tonight and tomorrow

Ive added the pathfinder ruleset and everything is OK there but I cant figure out how to view monsters, spells, items, etc in either the character generator or GM mode. I see theres no 'FAQ' sticky and the manual isnt helping me much as its very daunting so I was just hoping for a quick crash course on how to access the modules I have in my modules folder for use as a character or a GM

thanks a million

cpbs
August 14th, 2011, 05:32
You will need to allow the module to be viewed by yourself and other people. If you click on the book icon in the top right, it will show all the different module/books that you have. You will need to put a green check mark or the green lighting bolt the in shape under the book so that people can view them other then you. After that you just need to hover over the book that should be closed, click on it, an arrow will appear for you to drag to the left. Drag your mouse to the left, the book will then change to an open book and you should be good to view and share.

Then just go down to your "Library" on the right side and click that and all the books that you have "opened" will appear there.

Leonal
August 14th, 2011, 12:59
Pathfinder is now supplied with FG in the 3.5E ruleset and you don't need to add anything unless you want reference modules with spells, APG stuff or other things.

If you are talking about the fan made modules, most of those were made to work with d20_JPG and the PF extension, and I'm not sure if they have been made to work with 3.5E yet. What you need to do is:
-Open a module in Winrar (select open with)
-Open the client.xml file in notepad or similar
-Change <ruleset>d20_JPG</ruleset> to <ruleset>3.5E</ruleset>
-Save and close the file
-Click yes when Winrar asks if you want to update the archived file.

You may also go the route of renaming from .mod to .zip and unpacking the module, make the changes and repack, but I'm lazy and prefer this method. :)

ddavison
August 15th, 2011, 02:51
Well Ive just got the game and havent really had a chance to sit down and dig in yet due to work... but I will be doing so tonight and tomorrow

Ive added the pathfinder ruleset and everything is OK there but I cant figure out how to view monsters, spells, items, etc in either the character generator or GM mode. I see theres no 'FAQ' sticky and the manual isnt helping me much as its very daunting so I was just hoping for a quick crash course on how to access the modules I have in my modules folder for use as a character or a GM

thanks a million

Just start a 3.5E campaign it will now prompt you if you want PF enabled. The PF modules should appear in your module activation window. If you have an existing 3.5E campaign you want to convert over to PF, you can change this in the preferences within the campaign now. Make sure you update fully before trying this.

Comac
August 15th, 2011, 07:11
Ahh thanks guys! Im finally able to sit down and try to set it all up

I did not notice I could drag the books OPEN to activate them

All appears to be working fine now.

damned
August 16th, 2011, 00:52
some things just dont seem intuitive until AFTER you have done them!

Comac
August 17th, 2011, 05:51
:D

True enough

Comac
August 18th, 2011, 04:54
Another question say my group wants to run call of cthulu... do the players need to buy the rulesets as well or just the DM?

Thanks

Leonal
August 18th, 2011, 05:35
The players will download the ruleset from the GM upon connection, so they don't need to buy anything. For larger rulesets I'd recommend to not have all players connect at the same time when they first connect to prevent transfer issues.