PDA

View Full Version : A strange issue of corruption?

Scarlett
August 14th, 2011, 02:41
We are running a DND 4e campaign, using 2.8 ver of FGII. One of our players seems to have his character sheet coming up as 3.5e though. He's running on Windows 7. He tried to clear his cache folder, but that didn't solve the problem. He tried an uninstall/reinstall, and when he tried to reconnect he kept getting the following error "Could not load included file (graphics-font.xml)" . Any ideas? Please help! Thanks in advance!

Moon Wizard
August 17th, 2011, 18:00
That sounds like a really bizarre situation. I'm not even sure how that issue could occur. Perhaps the ruleset files got switched around somehow, even so the ones from the host should override since the checksums would not match. I can't find a graphics-font.xml in either the 3.5E or 4E rulesets, so my guess is an extension issue.

Some ideas to try:
* Disable all extensions, and try to connect.
* Delete the cache subfolder in the FG2 Application Data Folder

Regards,
JPG

Scarlett
August 21st, 2011, 00:18
Thanks JPG, we'll try that and I'll let you know how it goes :)

Scarlett
August 22nd, 2011, 16:31
Well, he cleared the cache subfolder, the campaigns subfolder, the Dm disabled the extensions, and still he could not connect. He began getting a root file base.xml error, so he did a uninstall/reinstall, after which he began getting the graphics_fonts.xml error again and still could not connect. Through some trial-and-error, if this doesn't work and/or make FGII unusable we can uninstall/reinstall again, he deleted the 'rulesets' subfolder and was finally able to connect. He says he still gets the 'wrong' character sheet, however, I cannot verify this because on the DM side his character sheet looks the same. I will try to get with him again and get a screenshot of what he is seeing...

Griogre
August 23rd, 2011, 01:20
Try that and make sure he has a current version of FG2.

Scarlett
September 2nd, 2011, 19:33
We've started a whole new campaign and so far so good, so I'm thinking maybe something within the old campaign itself was corrupted at least for that player...