PDA

View Full Version : FG Game Calendar

CrazyGoblinoid
August 9th, 2011, 22:31
I want to use the calendar to determine who is going to turn up for a session and find it very frustrating when players don't vote yes or no...

Does your player group use the calendar, would they if it was "better" - define "better" if so?

phantomwhale
August 10th, 2011, 01:32
A game is announced and organized on the forums. At some stage is transfers to the Calendar. Then you have a forum thread to follow, and you need to check the calendar chat lines, which have no e-mail subscription option.

The Calendar interface also is a little stark, which doesn't help in creating the "bond" of getting a group together, which is one of the toughest things about internet RPGs.

So I voted "would use if better", but must admit my current group is old friends of mine. As I'm always playtesting, I wouldn't want to start pushing bleeding edge features on a new group, it might be too messy. But as code starts to stabilise, I'd be interested in picking up the Calendar to plan games, but then would hope it was "better", if possible.

It's good, but as a hub for game planning, it could be much more too.

unerwünscht
August 10th, 2011, 02:14
You could always use GamingArmy for your game sessions instead. Creating a Group for the game itself, and then group events for each session. Then the GM can use the announcements system to easily send email reminders to the players. It is after all a big part of the design focus of GamingArmy.

Leonal
August 10th, 2011, 03:12
Voted no on both because my groups are of old friends and it doesn't make much sense to keep our games on the calendar.

If I were to start a game where I need new players I might consider using it.

Griogre
August 10th, 2011, 17:46
Voted no even with improvements because I use a wiki and groups for my games. The calendar would have to exceed yahoo or google group functionality before I would use it - and that seems unlikely.