PDA

View Full Version : Neatly Fitting Images

GM_BZK
August 8th, 2011, 21:33
I'm new to FGII and thought I'd practice creating a module by taking a small published scenario PDF and copying it into FGII. I'm using the Shadows of Death scenario from the In the Shadow anthology to play with my friends.

I thought it would be cool to offer the images the book has of some of the main characters, and I could open them up to share when those NPCs are present. They'll all the same size (160x215 pixels) so they should fit neatly. However, the size of the window FGII opens up varies and so does the zoom. I tried sizing them by hand, but it then affects the zoom. The effect is that some show the navigation icon in the lower right and others don't.

I know it is a trivial thing, but they should be small enough to not have the icon. Is there an easy way to size the window so the image fits neatly inside of it without the navigation icon?

Here is an example of what I mean:
https://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/BeZurKur/ImageScreenshot.png

Sorcerer
August 8th, 2011, 22:28
the minimum image size for the COC ruleset is 200x200. so if you image is smaller it will zoom in. and if it zooms in the scroller will appear.

The best thing would be to paste the image onto a 215x215 background (or maybe a little bigger) and then save that image again before importing to FG.

Alternatively since you have the PDF, you could always use its zoom/enlarge feature to increase the size of the image, with little loss of quality, and then take a snapshot of it.

Note: if you import again with the same file name FG may still zoom as it remembers the window size for every window (images are shown in an image window). In order to avoid that, delete the CampaignRegistry.lua file which is in your campaign folder (close FG before doing that). Deleting this file will of course also delete the memory of all other windows in your camapign, so their sizes and positions will also revert to the default size/position.

GM_BZK
August 8th, 2011, 23:37
Thanks, Sorcerer. I'll make those changes.

Casimir
September 10th, 2011, 04:42
I know this is a month old, but my question is relevant to the conversation here. I'm working on a project and understand the smaller image needing to be increased to 200 x 200 to not use the scroller button - however, is it possible to have an image that is larger than that open at it's full size with no scroll button? The images I have in question aren't large - one is 806 x 370, and another one is 799 x 366.

When both those images display, they display their full height, but not their full width and have to be scrolled - and I'd rather not have either of those images do that if it's possible.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2011, 04:58
When both those images display, they display their full height, but not their full width and have to be scrolled - and I'd rather not have either of those images do that if it's possible.

When you open your images you can resize and zoom them to make them look the way you want. There are some limitations in terms of width and height that are ruleset specific. For example, 4E has a minimum of 200x200 and a maximum of 2048x2048. I don't have the CoC ruleset so can't comment on it's maximum. Once you have it the size you want, this will be saved and when you open it next it will use those settings.

Casimir
September 11th, 2011, 22:56
Well, it appears as if the maximum width for CoC is 650. All of my images that are wider than that have the scroll button.

Is there a way to change that by chance? And if so, what files would I have to edit to do so?

Trenloe
September 11th, 2011, 23:18
Well, it appears as if the maximum width for CoC is 650. All of my images that are wider than that have the scroll button.

Is there a way to change that by chance? And if so, what files would I have to edit to do so?

adventure_images.xml in the ruleset has maximum and minimum sizelimits. Here is an example from the 4E ruleset:

<windowclass name="imagewindow">
<frame>imagebox</frame>
<sizelimits>
<dynamic>
<hostcontrol />
</dynamic>
<maximum>
<width>2048</width>
<height>2048</height>
</maximum>
<minimum>
<width>200</width>