PDA

View Full Version : A little help starting off.

XerbiusK
August 8th, 2011, 04:53
Hello. I just recently came upon FG while looking for a way to do online table top and I must say I'm impressed. I downloaded the demo and saw that everything was incredibly user friendly. I am having a slight issue however.

I realize I only have the demo version at the moment, but I was trying to create my own campaign when an error message popped up while it was loading, stating that "Could not load included file (graphics_portraitsets.xml)"

If it's simply an issue of not having a full license, that won't be a problem, but if it's something else, I'd like to know. Any help would be appreciated.

Griogre
August 8th, 2011, 09:08
Welcome to the boards, XerbiusK. I'm not sure a exactly what is wrong with the demo. The demo was changed so the Lite and Unregistered versions of FG2 can now host demo games in the latest version release of FG before GenCon. There could be a problem there. However, you can't normally make any permanent changes to the demo campaign and I don't think you are suppose to be able to make a new campaign so that might be part of the problem.

If you could give a step by step account of what you are doing to get the error message, that would help. IE you start FG and just push the Create New Campaign or are you selecting a ruleset and entering a Campaign and user name?

On the bigger picture, yes you would normally need to have either the Full or Ultimate version of FG to create a new campaign.

verdin77
August 12th, 2011, 23:48
I have a similar problem but perhaps for a different reason. My situation..

Downloaded version 2.8 and trying in demo mode.
I select Load a demo campaign
I select the extension Dungeon THeme
I Start the session
I get dialog box with the error
Could not load included file (graphics_portraitsets.xml)
Do you want tot try reloading the data?

I don't get the error when I don't check the Dungeon Theme extension.

Griogre
August 15th, 2011, 06:08
I think the demo ruleset is now different enough from the 2.8 ones that some extensions are not going to work.

verdin77
August 15th, 2011, 13:07
Thanks... I was guessing that might be the issue. We saw FGII at Gencon and now trying to get a feel for system.

Where's the best forum to post initial questions as we work our way through the first few times?

Griogre
August 16th, 2011, 00:59
Here in the Tavern, is good for any general questions. If you have a question about a specific ruleset you can ask in the that ruleset's forum as well.