PDA

View Full Version : star wars d6

danny jensen
August 7th, 2011, 06:27
Has anyone created a rule set for star wars d6?

Valarian
August 7th, 2011, 14:05
Sort of, I've got a character sheet only ruleset developed which has the die mechanic also for the Wild Die included in the double-click die rolling for skills and attributes. It's enough for play, but nothing fancy.

Send me a PM with an email address, I'll send it on to you.

danny jensen
August 7th, 2011, 17:28
my email is [email protected]

krb243
August 8th, 2011, 03:50
btw it works and looks great ;)

Lord Kavos
March 24th, 2018, 03:25
Has any further work been done on this ruleset? Would love to run a d6 SW game again, its been a while but still the best SW system IMO.

I checked out the ruleset today, portraits are not loading (ruleset warning coming up), and the personalities (NPCs) are in a D&D format.

No xp in creating/editing rulesets myself, has anyone got the time or nuance to have a go at fixing this up?

damned
March 24th, 2018, 03:57
Has any further work been done on this ruleset? Would love to run a d6 SW game again, its been a while but still the best SW system IMO.

I checked out the ruleset today, portraits are not loading (ruleset warning coming up), and the personalities (NPCs) are in a D&D format.

No xp in creating/editing rulesets myself, has anyone got the time or nuance to have a go at fixing this up?

Have a look at the links in Valarians signature in case there is a more up to date version.
Or look at MoreCore as an option.

Martin2301
March 24th, 2018, 18:20
[email protected]

please!!

gregthefreak
July 19th, 2018, 19:45
I am definitly interested in a d6 star wars ruleset

Trenloe
July 19th, 2018, 19:52
I doubt if you'll ever see this officially on Fantasy Grounds. Star Wars licensing is such that any computer version of a printed book product needs a new license and could conflict with other Star Wars computer licenses - LucasArts created these licenses in the 80's and really only catered for computer games, not eBook or other stuff that wasn't really a thing back then. Fantasy Flight Games haven't brought out any PDFs for their Star Wars RPG lines because of this (other than a couple of quick start adventures with no print equivalent) as they only have a physical license.

There are ways to play d6 Star Wars on FG - using community rulesets. I think that's what you'll always be limited to. Check out the link in Valarian's signature.

gregthefreak
July 19th, 2018, 19:53
yes I know there will never be an OFFICIAL ruleset. Thanks for the tip tho, i will follow links and see what I can find.

gregthefreak
August 21st, 2018, 23:11
Any hobby coders wanna polish this up? I have started redesigning icons etc. I also have a list of things that, ideally, should be done to make this a much better rule set
24402 24403 24404 24405 24406

Martin2301
August 22nd, 2018, 03:39
Nice Work

Ravenousfire
January 3rd, 2019, 05:21
Valarian, I have a question for you, if you don't mind. I was playing around with the Star Wars D6 ruleset, (love that wild die addition btw) and I saw above that you had just made a character sheet?

I was actually looking at trying to update the NPC mini sheet and the items sheets to make them fit a template that is closer to the WEG style of statting out weapons and gear, for my group to play with. I was curious if you created all of the xml in this .pak by yourself or if you based it off of one of the FG basic rulesets? I was having an issue anchoring some things on the NPC sheet and it might help to know which ruleset was the basis for this one, if any.

Thanks again.

Valarian
January 3rd, 2019, 08:36
I was actually looking at trying to update the NPC mini sheet and the items sheets to make them fit a template that is closer to the WEG style of statting out weapons and gear, for my group to play with. I was curious if you created all of the xml in this .pak by yourself or if you based it off of one of the FG basic rulesets? I was having an issue anchoring some things on the NPC sheet and it might help to know which ruleset was the basis for this one, if any.

It was a long time ago. I think it may have been based on the very old d20 ruleset. It predates the CoreRPG common base ruleset.

Ravenousfire
January 5th, 2019, 17:34
I am new to FG, but I am assuming that means the d20 ruleset is non existent at this point or has been superceded by the CoreRPG ruleset? In any case, I may just have to rework the NPC sheet from scratch then. Thanks for the information.

damned
January 5th, 2019, 22:19
Im pretty sure all the Star Wars d6 rolls are supported on MoreCore Character and NPC sheets...

Ravenousfire
January 6th, 2019, 01:29
I actually just found out about MoreCore after running around the forums more. I do have questions about that but will ask them elsewhere as to not derail this thread.