PDA

View Full Version : d20unpak.exe Was Not Included?

Darq
August 4th, 2011, 19:12
Bought the Full Version just now, completed install and update on version 2.8 in Win7. Figured out where the AppData folder is. I want to start working on my own data set, but am unable to install the D20 base ruleset to use for the templates. d20unpak.exe was not included in the download, nor was I able to find it on the Downloads page.

I was able to find d20-Ruleset-Setup.exe download, ran it thinking it may have replaced that - don't see any Examples folder or any files added.

Bit frustrated right now, I would like to get to work! Any help would be aprreciated!!

joshuha
August 4th, 2011, 19:19
Well in 2.8 the 3.5 and 4E.pak files should be able to be extracted with any zip compression program. Just extract a copy to the rulesets folder and rename the folder to something besides 35 or 4E and start hacking away.

Darq
August 4th, 2011, 19:44
Well in 2.8 the 3.5 and 4E.pak files should be able to be extracted with any zip compression program. Just extract a copy to the rulesets folder and renamed the folder to something besides 35 or 4E and start hacking away.
Thank you! I'm in business!

PdO
January 30th, 2012, 03:21
I've got two problems with this solution:

1) d20unpak.exe was OGL, so any ruleset derived from it could be OGL. Is that true of the 3.5 & 4E.PAKs?

2) I'm trying to follow a tutorial on the Oberoten FG wiki, and it's based on the d20unpak.exe version. I'm pretty green, and changes to the source files are pretty likely to derail me. Is there any way to get the d20unpak.exe version?

Thanks for any comments.

Ram Tyr
January 30th, 2012, 12:39
Check the links on the Downloads page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/). They have a link for the d20JPG and the d20 rulesets.

EDIT: Sorry, I went back and read the earlier posts in this thread and I think you already knew about the downloads page from that. It looks like you are looking for an actual version of the ruleset from a particular point in time? I'm not sure whether anything changed in the ruleset other than not needing the unpack utility. Sorry, not much help.

PdO
January 30th, 2012, 14:12
No, I had missed those. Thank you.

What I'm most concerned with is what rulesets can I start from and then release as OGL? Most, maybe all, have copyright. Perhaps I should see if a thread asks that specific question.

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2012, 18:32
The 3.5E and 4E rulesets are not OGL. However, as we have stated before, the code for these rulesets can be re-used for other rulesets, as long as the rulesets are distributed to the community for free or made available commercially through the FG store. We retain the copyrights.

The 3.5E modules are different as the use of the data requires OGL.

If you have any further questions on the code licensing or copyright topics, please feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]

Regards,